Indiana's Big Ten team competition

Since the season is underway, and we have all had a chance to look at most if not all of the Big Ten teams, and their line ups. What are the chances Indiana, with their best line up,will win a conference dual? The first one was a little rough, but we didn't have Goldman at heavyweight, and did not have a lightweight. So with that in mind, IU with a full line up, what is their chance or chances, and who would they beat?

IU doesn't have Maryland on their schedule, so Michigan St. is probably the closest Big 10 team to their level that they will dual. It would depend on the head match-ups there, to know how that one may end up.

Since it seems to be Michigan State, that Indiana might beat in a dual, I think I would like to see the line up's and match up's to back this wishful thinking. From what I can see, The once mighty Hoosiers may end up on the bottom of the heap this year.

No way Walsh wins an NCAA title. He just got by Morse this time 4-2. I don't think he can beat Sulzer, Dieringer, Jordan, Moore and maybe not even Massa or Palacio. He get's caught flat footed all the time. Guys just get in on him at will. Yes he wrestles well from there. Yes he's been successful with his counter wrestling. But the probability of grinding through an NCAA tournament when everyone can easily get past your head/hands IMO is very low.  

No way Walsh wins an NCAA title. He just got by Morse this time 4-2. I don't think he can beat Sulzer, Dieringer, Jordan, Moore and maybe not even Massa or Palacio. He get's caught flat footed all the time. Guys just get in on him at will. Yes he wrestles well from there. Yes he's been successful with his counter wrestling. But the probability of grinding through an NCAA tournament when everyone can easily get past your head/hands IMO is very low.

Most polls currently have him as a mid-range AA contender. I'd say that sounds about right at this point, but the rest of the Big 10 season and tournament will be more telling. A solid preformance the rest of the year should put him in a possition in the NCAA tournament to AA and even reach the semi-finals. However, if he drops a few to many Big 10 matches he'll ending up with a difficult draw at NCAAs which could put his AA status in jeopardy.

• 4 weeks later...

Goldman needs to go.  The team this year as absolutely horrible. I'm ashamed to admit that I once was an IU fan, loved watching some of the IU guys wrestle hard but this team is terrible.  I've had to stop wearing my favorite IU hat because it says wrestling on it, yeah, it's that bad.   Simmons has been there for a couple of years now, name one wrestler he has recruited that has contributed to the lineup in a positive way???  They have gotten crushed by every B1G team and only scored in double digits against Ohio State who wrestled a bunch of backups, still IU lost that match by 17 points.

Time for a change of scenery in Bloomington, IU is an attractive job for a young, hungry coach that wants to be in the B1G. 

They have a few redshirts this year that could be OK but not enough to compete for any conference wins next year either with Walsh being gone.  Looks like Danishek, Martin, and Miller have all had decent redshirt seasons but the redshirt season and the real deal are totally different. 

The only chance IU has at getting more wins this year is to schedule SIUE again, because they already have them on their dual schedule TWICE!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

And Mad man, do you know why Indiana has no 125 on board? Have something to do with weigh ins at the start of the season, maybe?

I think a few factors are at play in why none are available for IU this year. But, from what I've read/heard a few of the factors can be traced back to some poor planning and relying on wishful thinking that never materalize.

Edited by MattM

Poor planning and wishful thinking, these guys are supposed to be D1 coaches in the big ten. We should not be making excuses for them. There is more to this, you do not have several wrestlers move up two weights without some thing being wrong the years before.

When will IU address this,