Mater Dei Holiday Classic

I'm not sure how much practice time they may have had together on Indiana Gold for the Scholastic Duals, but maybe they've wrestled enough neither feels the need to step into a different weight class just to put on a show.  Maybe I'm nuts....  but it's possible, no?

and I also thought of that as I was replying earlier. It just may be a mutual respect for one another

Where would Ervin, Lampe,Scheffer and Foster from IL place in our tournament ?

Well Ervin beat White who placed 4th last year.  So I'd say Ervin would def place this year at our state.

Lampe beat our state champ, although I wouldnt say he would beat Harvey.  He is def top 2

Scheffer beat alex Johnson who is a multiple time state qualifier and placed last year 5th.  So Scheffer would place top 8

Foster placed 6th in Illinois last year 3A.  He lost to a very tough Heirdorf in the finals.  I'd say Foster is state qaulifier/semi state ticket rounder imo

Redd and the Lee brothers were very impressive.   I was very impressed with Lampe too.   Physically he didn't match up with Stevenson but he still got the job done.   As always, Franklin wrestlers looked much more put together than most at the upper weights.   I wonder if this is because their kids don't try to cut so much weight but instead focus on muscle building year round?

Saul Ervin is 10 times better than he was last year and will probably end up being a 4 time Holiday classic champ. 

Overall, a good two days of wrestling.

Nick Lee and Chad Red were men amongst boys at the MD Classic. Anyone know if either have been talking to college recruits? If so, care to share?

Would be fun to watch these two (and maybe the other Lees) in college together.  I think they are ready now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.