Mater Dei Holiday Classic

I understand high expectations and that Joe may win.  But to act as if no one can even touch him when the #3 ranked wrestler in the state will likely be across the mat from him at some point seems assumptive.   

I would definitely favor Joe Lee against Harris.  They do have one common opponent...Nick Lee.  Nick Lee pinned Harris in :34 in the semi state finals last year.  I tend to stay away from these types of comparisons, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I don't think there is a comparison to be made, Joe Lee is on a whole different level then Harris. Harris is a tough wrestler, but he doesn't have the accolades that Joe Lee has. I could be wrong, and I usually am, but Joe by at least a major over Harris if the match happens.

Harris beat Conner Willis of Evv Central 9-6 at semi-state last year.  I watched Conner and Joe wrestle in the same room for the last three months.   I watched Leemajor Ramsey from Castle last weekend and Ramsey has rolled through all of his competition so far this year.  Harris v. Lee will not be close.  But we are all still just speculating.  But without speculation there would never be any predictions, or rankings or bantering!

Man how fun would it be to see Nick Lee and Chad Red adjust up/down for one tournament just to see what happens.  Nothing on the line more than pride and maybe p4p bragging rights, it would make for an awesome event.  And wouldn't hurt either one's long term chances at winning state.    Ok, back to reality...

106 Miranda AV

113 Konrath MV

120 Skaggs AV

126 Red NP

132 Lee MD

138 Lee MD

145 Jourdan MD

152 Lynch NA

160 Helm AV

170 Stevenson FC

182 Elmore AV

195 Sherman UC

220 Larson AV

285 York FC

I got Egli over Skaggs all day

Hey now Quinn was a novice 65 Greco champ and a Hendricks county champ in 7 th grade, so there's some accolades for ya!! Thanks for thinking he's already in the finals, but I think as someone else has already stated there are some very good wrestlers at 138, 3 state ranked guys and 3/4 others who are or have been SS ranked and I know nothing about the Ky kids. It will be a great test for all involved. Best of luck to all.

I wasnt talking about just harris. I know that castleberry is a highly skilled wrestler that had a top 3 or 4 wrestler beat this year till the closing minute. He will not be easy for anyone,including.lee. their only common opponent this year is josh sauer. Joe lee won 6-2 and castleberry won by pin after he had him tech falled. Not predicting a win just saying joe lee will have to bring his "A" game to win it.

I wasnt talking about just harris. I know that castleberry is a highly skilled wrestler that had a top 3 or 4 wrestler beat this year till the closing minute. He will not be easy for anyone,including.lee. their only common opponent this year is josh sauer. Joe lee won 6-2 and castleberry won by pin after he had him tech falled. Not predicting a win just saying joe lee will have to bring his "A" game to win it.

Joe Lee did not wrestle Sauer.  Josh Clem did. Joe has teched or pinned all of his opponents this year.

I still say its a battle for 2nd place at 138. Who is going to be lucky enough to get opposite of Lee and make it to the finals. No disrespect to the other competitors, but the Lee boys are just on a whole different level.

There is always a lot of confusion on what is a whole different level.    The Lee brothers are on a whole different leavel than most of the guys that they would

run into.  That is a fact.  But they probably are not on a whole different level than a few of the top guys in the state.  Cash, James, etc.

A little perspective.  One particular wrestler I know has pinned all of the guys he has faced this year.  Does that mean no one else in the State

can touch him?   No it doesn't mean that at all.  It just means he has not faced anyone of his level yet... "Not yet".

There is always a lot of confusion on what is a whole different level.    The Lee brothers are on a whole different leavel than most of the guys that they would

run into.  That is a fact.  But they probably are not on a whole different level than a few of the top guys in the state.  Cash, James, etc.

A little perspective.  One particular wrestler I know has pinned all of the guys he has faced this year.  Does that mean no one else in the State

can touch him?   No it doesn't mean that at all.  It just means he has not faced anyone of his level yet... "Not yet".

couldn't agree more.   While I think its ok to say you think Lee will win, it doesn't seem right to say "so and so" has no chance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.