Merrillville's Tom Cameron

Joker

Well if that is the case, then I am on board with this year's Penn team is over-rated.  Sorry, you don't Go into the Harvest Classic as the Favorite and take second, and then get beat by Merrillville in a Dual.  Penn is a Very Good team and definitely top 10, and very well coached, but NOT BEST PENN TEAM Ever as everyone keeps saying.

No football excuses either, they did not make it to state.

Yes, I am sure we will hear from our beloved Homer, but with that said, I have put 2 kids thru Penn, one currently in Penn, and I had a son Wrestlle at Penn. I too am pretty close to the program, and know quite a lot about the kids and coaches. And no disrespect was meant, but facts are facts.

Merrillville wrestled well against Penn. They are a solid team. Well coached and demonstrate good sportsmanship. However, Penn was in fact without 7 of its starters:

106 Cavanaugh

113 Hildebrandt

132 Selis

138 Beam

182 Osborn

195 Treber (Kyle)

285 Christman

I am looking forward to the Al Smith. If Penn is healthy, things should get interesting there and on January 3rd...

Did those starters go to the Charger?

No

Yes, I am sure we will hear from our beloved Homer, but with that said, I have put 2 kids thru Penn, one currently in Penn, and I had a son Wrestlle at Penn. I too am pretty close to the program, and know quite a lot about the kids and coaches. And no disrespect was meant, but facts are facts.

What Facts????? That Penn Is equal to the #8 team in the state with 7 JV kids . Because thats a fact . 

Well if that is the case, then I am on board with this year's Penn team is over-rated.  Sorry, you don't Go into the Harvest Classic as the Favorite and take second, and then get beat by Merrillville in a Dual.  Penn is a Very Good team and definitely top 10, and very well coached, but NOT BEST PENN TEAM Ever as everyone keeps saying.

Who's Everyone thats saying it's the Best Penn team ever? Show me one post that says this . The only person that said anything close to that was Charger Dad , when he said this years Penn team COULD be Harpers best team . I think last years team was better . It is very hard to replace a 2 time state runnerup , another state placer in Wiseman and Qualifiers Rhinehart and Stohler . Penn has holes this year 126-145 that will hurt them against the likes of top 5 teams , But I still say they are a top 3 team at full strength , time will tell. 

Not sure that the result at 32 95 or 285 would have been different but I would like to see the box score

106-Cavanaugh dec Godlinez    Penn 37 -29                      +3 Penn   -6 Merrillville

113 Hildebrandt dec Delapena   Penn 40-25                       +3 Penn   -4 Merrillville

182 Osborn  pin Richardson       Penn 46-22                       +6 Penn   -3 Merrillville

195 Treber dec Perry                 Penn 49-16                        +3 Penn   -6 Merrillville                        

This is the way I see the match had Penn had it's starters 

This just shows how much you don't know . What team in the state of Indiana will beat Merrillville with 7 JV kids ???? 

Not sure if anyone had a full team. Harrison lost 42-28  to Merriville with 5 Jv kids in the line up. No excuses just a statement. If your in your in the line up do the job. Nice tournament. Great experience

Who's Everyone thats saying it's the Best Penn team ever? Show me one post that says this . The only person that said anything close to that was Charger Dad , when he said this years Penn team COULD be Harpers best team . I think last years team was better . It is very hard to replace a 2 time state runnerup , another state placer in Wiseman and Qualifiers Rhinehart and Stohler . Penn has holes this year 126-145 that will hurt them against the likes of top 5 teams , But I still say they are a top 3 team at full strength , time will tell. 

how the heck did i get drug into this argument?........lol

LOL, Charger Dad!

Kingsmen Dad thank you for that Info. Yes, that would have made a huge difference. I too hope this team gets healthy, so we can open the throttle and see what they can really do!  The Al Smith should be Fantastic this year!

M109R, I expected nothing less than your responses, keep up the good work.

Everyone have a great Sunday.

Panther83 is one of my favorite posters. And Chargerdad, M109R had a bad day, his team lost, again, but without the full line-up, and then there's football you know, oh and the real kick in the boxer shorts, he wasted 6 bucks on Penn's jv. All in all a bad day, give him a break, the poor guy needs one.

LOL, Charger Dad!

Kingsmen Dad thank you for that Info. Yes, that would have made a huge difference. I too hope this team gets healthy, so we can open the throttle and see what they can really do!  The Al Smith should be Fantastic this year!

M109R, I expected nothing less than your responses, keep up the good work.

Everyone have a great Sunday.

What response would you like? You ran your mouth without even knowing the details of the match .Portage would of lost to Merrillville without Poynter , Torres and  Lawerence .Penn barely lost without 7 guys .   And I'm waiting on your response as too who all these people are that say this is Penn's best team ever . Because it did not come from this board . I'm hoping that all of Penn's starters are in the lineup next weekend against Portage or at least most of them .  

Panther83 is one of my favorite posters. And Chargerdad, M109R had a bad day, his team lost, again, but without the full line-up, and then there's football you know, oh and the real kick in the boxer shorts, he wasted 6 bucks on Penn's jv. All in all a bad day, give him a break, the poor guy needs one.

I think you need to worry about Lake Central and quit Trolling the Penn threads . In a couple of weeks(or less) when I call you out , I'll bet the farm you'll be a no show.

Wait, when did I come on here and announce the team I root for to be so good that every team that showed up to the same tournament should be prepared to battle it out for second? And when my team lost, did I follow that up by providing an excuse that it wasn't a true dual format, and that my team would beat anyone in that type of event? Oh and when they get beat in a dual did I come up with more excuses like football causing lack of conditioning and too many jv wrestlers in the line-up? The answer to all of these questions is no, it wasn't me, but in fact it was you. Don't you get how foolish you continue to make yourself look with every post? Apparently not because you keep the lob balls coming. As I stated before, I like the ihsaa don't view wrestling as a true team sport, so I'm fine with rooting for a few individuals, besides, we won't win the team title because we always have 7 jv wrestlers in our line-up :).

Wait, when did I come on here and announce the team I root for to be so good that every team that showed up to the same tournament should be prepared to battle it out for second? And when my team lost, did I follow that up by providing an excuse that it wasn't a true dual format, and that my team would beat anyone in that type of event? Oh and when they get beat in a dual did I come up with more excuses like football causing lack of conditioning and too many jv wrestlers in the line-up? The answer to all of these questions is no, it wasn't me, but in fact it was you. Don't you get how foolish you continue to make yourself look with every post? Apparently not because you keep the lob balls coming. As I stated before, I like the ihsaa don't view wrestling as a true team sport, so I'm fine with rooting for a few individuals, besides, we won't win the team title because we always have 7 jv wrestlers in our line-up :).

Wow, How Idiotic Are you?? Show me the post where I said Penn would beat anyone in a Dual Format . I said Penn beat last years Ihsaa champ (Cathedra) in a dual last year . Penn was beaten by MD and later Bloomington South . Do you just make these things up?????

Did those starters go to the Charger?

Penn sent their OLYMPIC team to the Charger! They have so many different teams, combinations, Varsity, JV, sick and hurt kids that you never know who's going where! What a tuff gig it is for Harper to manage his boys........lol......wouldn't we all like to have his troubles.......seriously though, just look at what he is doing with a varsity missing that many starters......i stick to my words that this could be his best overall team ever.......time will tell!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.