EIAC

FCWFan

Most teams in the conference have had some conference dual's at this point. Early on it's looking like FC and SD are on a collision course for the title. Let's get the discussion going. Anyone see it differently? I see from results there are quite a bit of wrestlers listed at different weights (according to current dual and tourney results) than what is predicted in the rankings and rosters for EIAC teams. Hopefully this thread will shine some light and add some accuracy regarding EIAC rosters. Many wrestlers not even listed on indianamat.

Any conference matchups this weekend or next week to look forward too?

EIAC teams:

Batesville

Connersville

East Central

Franklin County

Greensburg

Lawrenceburg

Rushville

South Dearborn

True, a lot of wrestling before conference. I am sure, as most teams, the line ups are not fully set. Some kids not able to wrestle until after Christmas, injuries, forfeiting weights as a result or less experienced kids filling in. Others bumping up or coming down etc... Much can and will change.

I heard some bad news today about Rueburg, Lawrenceburg. Heard he will be out this season with injury. One of my favorite to watch and will be missed this season. Praying he makes a full recovery. FC Mike Weber suffered a concussion in season opener against New Castle. Not sure when he will return, sure is missed. Loos will be back beginning of Jan, looking forward to his return. Mike Humbert is back after injury kept him out of the first 4 dual's.

Parris, Lawrenceburg bumped up and teched Cavins, Milan. Heard he also beat Amberger, Batesville. Always have enjoyed watching Parris. Oyler been doing his thing at 45 from the results I have seen, no surprise.

How is Greensburg looking PirateDad? How is Butz looking this year?

Andrew Negengard EC (sorry about spelling) looks solid at 38.

Looking forward to seeing Deal, Batesville. Shaefer, Boggs, Manning SD, Hill, Lawrenceburg and many more.

Did not know about Rueberg, hate to hear that, great wrestler. Prayers will be going out. Hope all your guys get healthy and back on the mat soon. Loos, good kid one of my favorites to watch.

Parris, what can I say, it's going to be an exciting next 4 years watching him take it to the mat and turning heads to our corner of state.

We should be very competitive still trying to figure out a few weight classes. All the returning guys are pretty solid but still tough to replace 5 leading seniors. Butz should be very strong at 26. Great kid, very hard worker!

Haven't heard much about EC. Negengard always solid and I believe they have a pretty descent freshman Gabe Lane. I think he's about 120.

SD is stacked pretty much top to bottom, should get a look at them Sat. @Delta duals.

Michael Deal, Batesville is out 6-9 months. Just talked to his dad last nite, Michael dislocated his elbow at Milan 6-way and when he did he chipped the bone. Had surgery yesterday, Chris said it went very well. Tbh it really sucks, I know them well. Michaels a great kid and even better wrestler who really put the work in to get better this summer. And I was really looking forward to watching him take that work to the mat, so please send prayers for healthy,speedy recovery.

Praying for Michael. Chris and I go back quite a few years. Our son's have spent quite a bit of time in the same rooms during the pre high school years. I really hate to hear this news.

Stevie Browning FC and Gabe Lane EC had a really good match at 120 during our dual. Stevie is a very solid freshman as well. He got the win by one point. I believe the final score was 6-5. They will meet again and looking forward to watching them battle it out.

I forgot to mention Bunch in my previous post. A friend and I were discussing her the other day. He wanted to go on record that he was the first to say he believed she would be the first female wrestler to make it to NC semi state. I agree with him. him. I think it's her year. I know your going for it young lady, and there are many of us who believe you can do it. 

Gonzo, amazing wrestler and great kid. Always fun to watch. 

Got a look at the Milan 6-way results. SD does look solid from top to bottom. Loos wrestled on their summer duals team. His Dad said they looked really good.

Where is everybody else in the conference this week? FC travels to Milan on Wednesday.

South Dearborn finished the day at Delta 5-0. 11-0 on the season. Boggs and Lane were not in the line up today due to illness and injury. Hopefully the EIAC can send several wrestlers to SS and perhaps to State. Good luck to everyone this season.

Was Lane EC at 120 when they wrestled FC? Results from another dual show him at 132? If he was at 132 at FC he did not wrestle Browning, He would have wrestled Pace.

Is Walton from SD? I know they have a 106 that was the champion on the day at the Milan 6 way.

Greensburg went 4-1 at Delta. Wells and Bartosz go 5-0, Butz, Michalski, Cain, and Hayes all go 4-1. I think we will be pretty solid,had some different guys in at a few weight classes. Delta and SD looked good. Was a great day of wrestling!

EC on Tuesday

South Dearborn has to be the front runners in my opinion. Not many weak holes in that lineup. Franklin County is very solid too though. Haven't seen East Central yet this year, or Greensburg. We won't see Greensburg until conference, and we see East Central at New Palestine for an individual tournament in January. Rushville is young but has some talented wrestlers. Hopefully we can put a wrench into a few peoples plans at conference!

Would have to agree with SD being the front runners at this point no doubt. FC still missing a couple key guys, so hopefully we can throw a few wrenches as well. EC is not near as strong as years past. Young team with nowhere to go but up. Wishing everyone the best and please keep the updates coming.

Got some predictions from my buddy, lets just refer to him as over2billionsold. He is a TEC board legend. Here are his preliminary rankings for the SD Sectional. Enjoy!

South Dearborn sectional      

106   1 Cainan Schaefer South Dearborn 2 Brooke Bunch Connersville 3 Tyler Wilburn Milan 4 Dustin Beard Franklin County        

113   1 Mike Weber Franklin County 2 Jackson Wooldridge Batesville 3     4            

120   1 Ryan Hueseman Lawrenceburg 2 Dallas Lamping Batesville 3 Steve Browning Franklin County 4            

126   1 Trevor Lonneman Milan 2 Johnny Loos Franklin County 3 Cam Coffman Union County 4 Josh Hines South Dearborn        

132   1 Gage Pace Franklin County 2 Cole Bowers Union County 3 Keegan Hopper South Dearborn 4 Nick Schneider Batesville        

138   1 Nathan Boggs South Dearborn 2 Jacob Wesley Lawrenceburg 3 Dyllion Humbert Franklin County 4 Chris Schene Batesville        

145   1 Adam Oyler Lawrenceburg 2 Levi Oswald Union County 3 Mike Humbert Franklin County 4 Gunner Yurack Rushville        

152   1 Evan Cannon Connersville 2 Alex Day Franklin County 3 Mac Espedilla South Dearborn 4 Johnathon Ramey Union County        

160   1 Brandon Manning South Dearborn 2 Charlie Hill Lawrenceburg 3 Neal Nobbe Batesville 4 Wes Hertel Union County        

170   1 Colton Gonzalez Connersville 2 Luke Utterback South Dearborn 3 Jonah Rolfes Lawrenceburg 4 Dylan Dearth Union County        

182   1 Mason Parris Lawrenceburg 2 Will Amberger Batesville 3 Josh Orschell Franklin County 4 Vince Bugni South Dearborn        

195   1 Jake Cavins Milan 2 Jake Arnold Franklin County 3 Devin Mitts East Central 4 Matt Disbro South Dearborn        

220   1 Tristen Miller Rushville 2 Kade Stephens Union County 3 Ben Robben Franklin County 4            

285   1 Matt Kirk Lawrenceburg 2 Clark Minges Union County 3 Tyler Selm Franklin County 4    

FCWFan- Union county not in conference.  Greensburg and EC will have some good wrestlers winning or placing.  Backtothemat agree on Walton and Schaefer in conference.  When sectionals come different story, Schaeffer will make a deep run at 106 for State.

We will put together some EIAC conference predictions soon and get them posted. Agree with you Parris58, Greensburg and EC have some guys that will certainly win or place at conference. I also agree with backonthemat concerning Walton and Schaefer at they're current weights look to be the favorites come conference.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.