Avon/Brownsburg

quinnsDAD

From the eyes of a more than interested observer. Having been in the middle of this rivalry for the last decade, I am happy to see what is happening in Brownsburg, it will only make us (Avon) better. The bar is always being set higher, so you make adjustments and move on. Great dual last night, I. Know some of our folks thought it was over the top to an extent but that is exactly what you are going for, build it and they will come. People love a show and it was a good one other than the technical difficulties. Got to get some experience on the scoreboard guys. Our experience played on the excitement and started us off with a pin to get us rolling, from there it was back and forth, after Helm's pin, Elmore had a major til the final seconds,BBurg came back with their own pin at 195. Miranda Mills match was worth the price of admission, 0-0 at the end of one both in on shots but no scoring, Miranda takes down and Mills rides him for 2 minutes with a couple of almost turns, Mills takes down gets to his feet at least twice and almost made it out the back once only to be denied, Mason got turn last 30 seconds to get dec. Our boy Boodt stayed strong and didn't give up the fall, Weaver got the tech, Skaggs gets dec at 20 Mulkey is tough freshmen. Chatterton gets ot win in a big swing match IMO Lee doesn't bump up and gets 6. Harris looked like it was his first match but still pulled out dec. Fainter/Owens was great swing match that goes BBurg's way 7-6. We switch Pedorsa in for Miranda and wrestles well and only loses 6-2 to Damiler and then Miranda stays off his back and keeps it close. Both teams looked good and it should be a close county race in a week,Danville has at least three guys capable of winning Cascade has Fox Plainfield Biddle and Gomez Tri west is down but are the host this year. Good luck to all see ya in week.

Was a great experience and I look forward to more in the future. Hope to bring some excitement to the sport. If we want people to respect us we got to put a show on. It's a major rivalry in both sides but when all was said and done everyone was cordial with one another a great show of respect from both programs. For what it's worth mom and pop Fabio were impressed with the intensity claimed it rivaled the Penn Mishawaka battles of my hay day which is just what we were going for.

As for the technical difficulties it wasn't the people running it. It was a an issue with the scoreboard it self which is why the clock was not starting correctly. I tried resetting the control box and that's when the board all out died. We apologize for the inconvience but want to make sure our girls who have worked the clock for years are getting thrown under the bus.

Was a great experience and I look forward to more in the future. Hope to bring some excitement to the sport. If we want people to respect us we got to put a show on. It's a major rivalry in both sides but when all was said and done everyone was cordial with one another a great show of respect from both programs. For what it's worth mom and pop Fabio were impressed with the intensity claimed it rivaled the Penn Mishawaka battles of my hay day which is just what we were going for.

I would have to see it to believe it rivaled the Penn vs Mish battle (Snyders last year at Mish) . When I pulled into the parking lot at MHS , you would of thought a football game was going on . Standing room only and very LOUD . To the OP from Avon , get used to it , the PAIN TRAIN has been brought to Brownsburg . 

Thanks for the kind words.  The girls do an outstanding job for us.  One of them who I have in class and is a tremendous young lady was in tears.  We assured her clock malfunctions are not her problem.  We are very sorry for that issue.

We have tremendous respect for the Avon program.  Once again, they showed us we are not where we need to be.  We will continue to work towards becoming a championship program and know Avon is doing the same.  It is finally at least a rivarly as last year I did not think it was.

As far as the environment, I hope the Avon fans can understand my position.  I believe we must actively work to grow our sport.  The average person does not grow up being a wrestling fan.  In my opinion, if we want people to come watch our sport, we must actively work to make our sport more fan friendly.  I did the DJ thing for years at Mishawaka.  Our fan base conistently grew.  We throw shirts out, etc...anything to get people to come support our great sport.  I haven't been at Brownsburg for long, but was told by numerous administrators that last night was the largest crowd they have ever seen at a Brownsburg Wrestling Meet.  I am not perfect, but I try to think outside the box.  Some ideas have and will tank, but we will continue to try to promote the sport and put people in the stands.

Congrats to Avon and Go Bulldogs:)

Snyder 

Thanks for all the kind words. I would also like to say that I have a ton of respect for Avon and the coaching staff. I look forward to us to continue to battle throughout the season, through the offseason, and again down in Florida at the Disney Duals. The Avon coaches have put in a ton of time to build the team and have a ton of talent coming up as do the Bulldogs. I see this continuing to be exciting over the years, especially seeing each other as many times as we do.

It would have been cool if the dj would announce our kids prior to each match. The brownsburg guys got the grand introduction prior to each match and the Avon kids were left as a nameless foe. Come to think about it...... I rather it be that way. Our kids don't need that, just put on the bumble bee singlet and get after it. It was a good dual. We had a good time.

Matt

It's not about anyone "needing" anything. It's out growing our sport and getting more fans at meets. If nothing else that was accomplished Thursday night. Good call on announcing Avon guys. I will make a note and try to make sure this is communicated to the DJ in the future. I always try to learn and get better. I have always tried to utilize constructive criticism. We enjoy the actual rivalry with Avon too. It will make both programs continue to get better. Thanks. Darrick

Matt,

Just something to think about.  I discussed your suggestion with a DJ I have worked with before and here is his response:

"Coach,

We always announced everyone from both teams for faceoffs.  I assume you mean just prior to the match.  I and anyone working for you will do whatever you ask.  Is the other coach willing to make us aware of a change in the lineup?  You had a parent or club coach do that so we announce the correct name.  If you think you get complaints with us just announcing your guys wait until we announce the wrong names from the other team."

Snyder

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.