How Pathetic are the Hoosiers?

headlock68

Not 1 takedown or reversal the entire dual in a 45-0 shutout to a Wisconsin team that was just beat by lil Rider U from NJ. Indiana is probably the worst program in all of Division 1. Why in the world is Goldman still there?

He's still riding on the credentials of kids that would have been great even without him there. (i.e. Escobedo, Hernandez, Coughlin, Chalfant etc.) I'm gonna guess he'll be gone when his son graduates.

I'd say reversals are a little more rare at the college level since many top wrestlers at that level are comfortable enough in neutral to cut you as soon as things get shaky on the mat.  But not being able to put take down points on the board should be a serious concern for the team.

Probably a mixture of both.  Their recruiting is poor and the talent they do get doesn't get developed like it should.  A couple of the big guys like Powless and Chalfant were able to develop because that is where Goldman's strengths are.  Everyone below 197 is at a disadvantage. Oh you know, just 80% of the team...

I happened to see that dual as well and caught myself yelling at the TV non-stop, match after match.  We forfeited 125 to Jiminez and pretty much got rolled on.  It looks like the same issue Indiana Cadets and Juniors have at the national level where we wrestle "tough" but tough doesnt cut it when everyone is tough. We have to be killers on the mat, meaning attacking, taking shots, etc.  It's pretty tough to watch really, no pun intended.  Everyone calls for Goldman's job year after year and there are plenty of theories why he still has the position.  I know Simmons addition has helped in the recruiting aspect bringing in some out of state talent and at least getting some top recruit visits, but success breeds success and IU unfortunately hasn't had too much.  And as far as talent goes, many of Indiana's best do go to IU, and have for years.  It's just that when they get there no one seems to maximize their potential.  In their defense I'm sure the coaching staff were not pleased with our performance and will look to make some adjustments.  No one likes losing...especially like that.  Best wishes to IU and our guys.

You guys may think you are joking about Brandi Cash but I'll tell you right now, she could put together a team like NO ONE! If I was IU, I would hire her! She could put a dual team together that would challenge anyone in the nation! She's done it for little tykes, Middle schoolers, High schoolers, and I am sure she could do it for College. No kidding. Give her the control, $$$, and authority....sit back and watch her go!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.