Cash and Lee now?

Jayruss

This would be a match-up that a gambler would stay away from.  I'm not sure I like either one much more than the other to place a wager.  If I was going to lay some of my hard earned bread on one of these guys, I'd go with Lee. I've seen them both just a few times, I'm not sure how Tommy would score on Lee and Lee just seems to be relentless on his attacks.  Tommy's defense is second to none, but I saw Hughes best him and it was because Drew just kept coming forward, and finally broke through, something I see Lee doing as well.  My prediction for a score 5-0, 2 TD's and an escape. Not a knock on the defending state champ by the way, more of a statement about Lee's ability, in one humble man's opinion of course. 

Lee 3rd @ 126 last year and Cash 1st @ 138. In most cases you'd probably take Cash here

Lee got 3rd to a #1 nationally ranked senior while majoring the runner-up earlier in the year. Lee had a tougher path to win state than Cash did.

That being said, their different styles should make for a great match that either could win. I'll take Lee by a few points.

Lee got 3rd to a #1 nationally ranked senior while majoring the runner-up earlier in the year. Lee had a tougher path to win state than Cash did.

That being said, their different styles should make for a great match that either could win. I'll take Lee by a few points.

I didn't say who would win I'm saying that's why Lee is ranked #2 and Cash #1

There is a difference between rankings and predictions. Cash is the defending champ and Lee is coming up two weights. Each will wrestle a good schedule so we may have some matches to gauge their performance on around the new year.

Yep!

Lee by major and will go a step further and say Lee will not lose again in Indiana...I'll repeat what I said at this time a yr ago, and that is that Nick Lee will have an almost identical high school career as Andrew Howe, lose his frosh yr to a 3 timer and then run the table the next 3 years...the only difference being that Howe got to lose in the finals and Lee had to meet his 1 loss in the semis....

I honestly think a match between these two could go either way.  Lee is really fundamentally sound, while Cash makes his money off of his Ben Askren-style of wrestling.  I really hope these two meet up in the finals this year. Would be a great one to watch.

Lee by major and will go a step further and say Lee will not lose again in Indiana...I'll repeat what I said at this time a yr ago, and that is that Nick Lee will have an almost identical high school career as Andrew Howe, lose his frosh yr to a 3 timer and then run the table the next 3 years...the only difference being that Howe got to lose in the finals and Lee had to meet his 1 loss in the semis....

I am thinking the same thing to be honest. No knock on Cash

I'm going to go with Lee but I won't write off cash. Last year I didn't think Lee had much of a chance against Micic, but I saw why people were picking him. I didn't think Cash would win but I was wrong. Imo you should never write off a returning state champ. Based off the eye test I'd say Lee by major, but I'm going a decision just based on gut feeling.

I'm going to go with Lee but I won't write off cash. Last year I didn't think Lee had much of a chance against Micic, but I saw why people were picking him. I didn't think Cash would win but I was wrong. Imo you should never write off a returning state champ. Based off the eye test I'd say Lee by major, but I'm going a decision just based on gut feeling.

I concur. Lee is great. Phenomenal. Cash won it all. Reitz won it all. Stevenson won it all. Can't go against a champ Micic taught me that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.