Culver Military Academy

Ft Wayne Homestead

Niles ( MI)

Northwood

Portage

Valpo

Warsaw

Zionsville

Two good Michigan teams involved here, Niles is currently ranked #3 in Division 2.

Notable Wrestlers: *Michigan still uses old weight class system

103) #2 Andrew Flick (10) Niles

112) #2 Michael Higley (10) Edwardsburg

125) #5 Josh Dayhuff (12) Niles

135) #6 Noah Hall (12) Niles

140) #5 Warren Smith (12) Niles

171) #8 Sean Craig (12) Niles

215) #7 Wyatt Thornton (12) Niles

285) #9 Alex Bata (12) Niles

Hope they can get a decent team added to this event.

• 3 weeks later...

penn looks pretty solid going into team state but with the same holes in the lineup as last year just moved up a weight class.

you got 3 or 4 potential state winners with woods,hildebrandt,memmolenti and osbourne.

slates at 120 will be huge for them if he can stay semi healthy if not the hole in the lineup will be larger.

126-145 is where it gets interesting manspeaker is going to be pretty solid at 138.

swank is going to be stud this year and i look for him to be in the hunt for a state title the next 2 years.

a state team title will hinge on that 120-145 weights

All the Penn starters wrestled against Marian last night except Mammolenti and Beam . Beam has a cast on his arm/wrist , so don't know when he will be back , don't know whats up with Mammolenti . Slates took injury time after leading 8-1 , heard his shoulder keeps popping out , had surgery last summer . They will need him to have any shot at team state because MD/Perry will expose 126-145 . Don't know if anyone is as good as Penn from 152-HWT . 

Penn Super Dual Round by Round Math-ups

Round 1

Penn 1 vs Columbia City
Penn 2 vs Warsaw

Portage vs Zionsville

Homestead vs Northwood

CMA vs Edwardsburg

Niles vs Valpo

Round 2

Penn 1 vs Portage

Penn 2 vs Homestead

Columbia City vs Niles

Edwardsburg vs Warsaw

CMA vs Northwood

Valpo vs Zionsville

Round 3

Penn 1 vs Niles

Penn 2 vs Portage

Edwardsburg vs Valpo

Northwood vs Warsaw

CMA vs Homestead

Columbia City vs Zionsville

Round 4

Penn 1 vs Valpo

Penn 2 vs CMA

Niles vs Zionsville

Edwardsburg vs Northwood

Homestead vs Warsaw

Columbia City vs Portage

Round 5

Penn 1 vs Zionsville

Penn 2 vs Northwood

Columbia City vs Valpo

CMA vs Warsaw

Edwardsburg vs Homestead

Niles vs Portage

Don't think they will win easily .

106--Poynter dec Cavanuagh (Toss up , gave to Portage)--------------- 3-0 Portage

113--Hildebrandt fall Kludt--------------------------------------------------------6-3 Penn

120-Slates dec Prado-------------------------------------------------------------9-3 Penn

126 Torres fall Clark---------------------------------------------------------------9-9

132 Joseph dec Sellis--------------------------------------------------------------12-9 Portage

138 Mcintosh dec Manspeaker(Toss up,  gave to Portage)----------------15-9 Portage

145 Lawerence fall Hochstedler--------------------------------------------------21-9 portage

152 Swank dec Gonzales----------------------------------------------------------21-12 Portage

160 Prentice dec Morgan----------------------------------------------------------21-15 Portage

170 Mammolenti fall Cornejo------------------------------------------------------21-21

182 Osborn dec Guerro ------------------------------------------------------------24-21 Penn

195 Hedrick dec Treber(Toss up , gave to Portage---------------------------24-24

220 Woods fall Majewski -----------------------------------------------------------31-24 Penn

285 Christman dec Murillo ---------------------------------------------------------34-24 Penn

If either team is without wrestlers , it could greatly impact final score . I have Penn winning 8 matches to Portage's 6. If Penn's Osborn, Christman or both can manage a fall , it would be huge. 

106--Poynter dec Cavanuagh (Toss up , gave to Portage)--------------- 3-0 Portage

113--Hildebrandt fall Kludt--------------------------------------------------------6-3 Penn

120-Slates dec Prado-------------------------------------------------------------9-3 Penn

126 Torres fall Clark---------------------------------------------------------------9-9

132 Joseph dec Sellis--------------------------------------------------------------12-9 Portage

138 Mcintosh dec Manspeaker(Toss up,  gave to Portage)----------------15-9 Portage

145 Lawerence fall Hochstedler--------------------------------------------------21-9 portage

152 Swank dec Gonzales----------------------------------------------------------21-12 Portage

160 Prentice dec Morgan----------------------------------------------------------21-15 Portage

170 Mammolenti fall Cornejo------------------------------------------------------21-21

182 Osborn dec Guerro ------------------------------------------------------------24-21 Penn

195 Hedrick dec Treber(Toss up , gave to Portage---------------------------24-24

220 Woods fall Majewski -----------------------------------------------------------31-24 Penn

285 Christman dec Murillo ---------------------------------------------------------34-24 Penn

If either team is without wrestlers , it could greatly impact final score . I have Penn winning 8 matches to Portage's 6. If Penn's Osborn, Christman or both can manage a fall , it would be huge. 

I don't think you are far off here, but I'd say 138 is less of a toss up and 152 could go either way. Gonzales is much improved. With the Penn line-up you listed I think they win by 10 or fewer, but wouldn't be surprised if it was 7-7 and came down to bonus points. 

I don't think you are far off here, but I'd say 138 is less of a toss up and 152 could go either way. Gonzales is much improved. With the Penn line-up you listed I think they win by 10 or fewer, but wouldn't be surprised if it was 7-7 and came down to bonus points. 

I am basing 138 and 152 off the Harvest Classic results . Swank beat Gonzales 9-5 , and at 138 Manspeaker lost to Fattore 12-0 and Mcintosh lost to Fattore 11-0 . I know 138  isn't an accurate analysis , but thats all we have to go off of at this point . 

wow you two actually agree or almost agree on something.........wonders never cease!.......lol

ok in my opinion, winning by 10 is "easily" in this case......lets hope they both have full lineups.......someone keep us posted on here since we will be in yorktown.....

Nothing shocking about it, we're talking wrestling and I like to do that with my head and not my heart. I think that his prediction is reasonable and can agree with his logic for taking Swank at 152.  Just because I busted his nuggets a little over something doesn't mean I have to disagree with everything he says, just trying to keep it about wrestling. 

Fair enough on Swank over Gonzalez, but I've seen Mcintosh twice this year and Manspeaker only once and would give Mcintosh the nod right now.  It's 6 of one, half dozen of the other, we'll have our answer soon enough. 

Thats why I gave the match to Mcintosh . 

Prado and slates was 3-0 last year both have improved I'm sure. But if slates shoulder is half as bad as people say I could see this being a win for portage 7 matches a piece

This is true . I've seen Slates Inj default one match and take Inj time in another(he ended up winning easily) , but neither wrestler was as good as Prado . Time will tell . 

Wow must be some fall for Woods since your giving him 7 pts for it lol.