Harvest Classic

Tonyv

So you are saying that we shouldn't strive to have a dual champion to determine the best TEAM? It's attitudes like that which cost us a Dual team state and has made wrestling take a step back in Indiana. But this is probably an argument for another topic....

In the spirit of the discussion I was having, I needed to address the non-sanctioned dual event to discredit M109R's position.  On a personal level, I actually liked the former dual format and don't wish to start a thread about it, I believe it's dead and not coming back at this point. I'm sure it is near and dear to your heart considering your Caveman teams thrived off of the "Team" aspect of the sport and it truly showed.  Unfortunately I don't think everyone in the sport sees it as a "Team" sport and don't share your passion.  Just getting the competitive juices flowing :)

i think you will see that M109R isn't being silly.......

I realize the team is the real deal, I took exception to the comment he made, and have a right to respond, as long as I'm appropriate about it no worries. 

In the spirit of the discussion I was having, I needed to address the non-sanctioned dual event to discredit M109R's position.  On a personal level, I actually liked the former dual format and don't wish to start a thread about it, I believe it's dead and not coming back at this point. I'm sure it is near and dear to your heart considering your Caveman teams thrived off of the "Team" aspect of the sport and it truly showed.  Unfortunately I don't think everyone in the sport sees it as a "Team" sport and don't share your passion.  Just getting the competitive juices flowing :)

I realize the team is the real deal, I took exception to the comment he made, and have a right to respond, as long as I'm appropriate about it no worries.

Why do you take exception to my comment? Do you believe it not to be true? It is my opinion and prediction. If you think differently or don't believe it to be true, I look forward to talking to you after the Harvest Classic.

Why do you take exception to my comment? Do you believe it not to be true? It is my opinion and prediction. If you think differently or don't believe it to be true, I look forward to talking to you after the Harvest Classic.

You are entitled to an opinion and a prediction, I am entitled to disagree with one or both. I agree Penn will win, I disagree with you discounting other teams and not giving them a chance. Nothing is won on paper or through a message board discussion, I prefer to pay my $5 and let the kids decide it on the mat.

You are entitled to an opinion and a prediction, I am entitled to disagree with one or both. I agree Penn will win, I disagree with you discounting other teams and not giving them a chance. Nothing is won on paper or through a message board discussion, I prefer to pay my $5 and let the kids decide it on the mat.

I predict Lake Central won't win the team title.

I'm going to have a "witch" cast a spell and make you go away. Lake Central has had 7 individual champs who've won a total of 11 individual champs. Since you asked, I'll respond, it's great to watch them have their hands raised at the conclusion of the state finals match, perhaps you'll get the same enjoyment from one of your Kingsman someday. Congrats on your Dual championship, does the IHSAA hand out rings for that? Do teams even care enough to attend? Good day sir.

I could care less about Individual titles. I would much rather see a team win a championship , tourney , Etc. These kids Sweat , Drill and practice everyday with there team. So your saying you would rather Lake Central have one individual state champ , and lose all the tournaments they enter? Penn hasn't had a State champ in a long time , but they have been really close(2 runnerups last year), what they do have is a complete team. I'll take that any day over individual honors. Don't tell anyone, but you could see a Kingsmen get his arm raised this year at Bankers Life.

I think adding portage brings a lot of depth to the tourney with penn being down a couple guys from football I think it will be closer then last year.

I would think all the guys from football would be in the lineup by then, maybe not though.

I think adding portage brings a lot of depth to the tourney with penn being down a couple guys from football I think it will be closer then last year.

Did not know Portage was going to be there, so yes it should be closer than last year.

Penn made it to Semistate last year too, and all the Football players were at the Harvest Classic. If for some reason they aren't there, that changes everything. Four of Penn's best wrestlers played football.

• 2 weeks later...

Some possible match ups SS rankings included

106: triana(2) Bautista(3) cavanaugh(4) poynter(6)

113: hildebrant(1) Rodriguez(2)

120: reitz(1) black(2) slates(4)

126: torres(1) colza(5)

132: truver(3) Joseph(6) selis(8)

138: fattore(1) beam(2)

145: lawrence(1) Krzyston(3)

152: swank(2) Gonzalez

160: christenson(5) prentice(6) larson(7)

170: sopko(1) mammolenti(2)

182: osborn(1) kleimola(4) Guerrero(8)

195: woods(1) hedrick(2) fowler(5) zamora(8)

220: Schultz

285: Hopkins Christman Murillo

Some possible match ups SS rankings included

106: triana(2) Bautista(3) cavanaugh(4) poynter(6)

113: hildebrant(1) Rodriguez(2)

120: reitz(1) black(2) slates(4)

126: torres(1) colza(5)

132: truver(3) Joseph(6) selis(8)

138: fattore(1) beam(2)

145: lawrence(1) Krzyston(3)

152: swank(2) Gonzalez

160: christenson(5) prentice(6) larson(7)

170: sopko(1) mammolenti(2)

182: osborn(1) kleimola(4) Guerrero(8)

195: woods(1) hedrick(2) fowler(5) zamora(8)

220: Schultz

285: Hopkins Christman Murillo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.