Harvest Classic

Tonyv

Wait a minute, I thought everyone else was wrestling for second place? Hit us with the excuses m109r.

In all seriousness, some good wrestling, Torres loses to a tough soph from Brother Rice and the Brother Rice 132 pounder was a machine. Sopko had a nice win for his 4th title to join elite company. 152 went down to the wire, that will be interesting next time. 182 was entertaining as well, good loss for Kleimola. Was bummed that 106 and 120 were missing some studs, but was entertained, so I can't complain.

Wait a minute, I thought everyone else was wrestling for second place? Hit us with the excuses m109r.

In all seriousness, some good wrestling, Torres loses to a tough soph from Brother Rice and the Brother Rice 132 pounder was a machine. Sopko had a nice win for his 4th title to join elite company. 152 went down to the wire, that will be interesting next time. 182 was entertaining as well, good loss for Kleimola. Was bummed that 106 and 120 were missing some studs, but was entertained, so I can't complain.

Go back through and read the posts . I made that prediction before knowing Portage or Brother Rice were going to be there . Congrats to Portage , hopefully we will see them in a dual . 

Oh ok so you made a bold statement about your team and now your excuse is that you didn't know who was even participating? So do you typically make predictions and demeaning statements without knowing anything? Well lesson learned I guess. Might I recommend a fine red wine to wash down that crow? Sportsfan 1 m109 0.

Oh ok so you made a bold statement about your team and now your excuse is that you didn't know who was even participating? So do you typically make predictions and demeaning statements without knowing anything? Well lesson learned I guess. Might I recommend a fine red wine to wash down that crow? Sportsfan 1 m109 0.

LOL.No crow to be eaten here as I stated it would be close with the addition of Portage . I've been following the Harvest for about 8 years now , when was the last time they added any teams the Caliber of Portage and Brother Rice ? I made that prediction based on the usual teams at the Harvest for the last decade .If Portage and Brother Rice were not there then my original prediction would of held true , as Penn outscored  Lake Central by 120 points . 

I was there until the 195's finished.  The team race was an added bonus for the day's excitement.  Portage begin with a 4 point lead and just increased it a little every round.  It was really hard to tell the two teams apart by any sort of mass viewed performance, so I would assume the early difference was bonus points, but I am not sure.  Midway  through the finals, Portage was up to nearly a 20 point lead.  By 195's conclusion, 9 of the 14 weight class champs were from schools other than the first two, with Penn having two champs to Portage's one.  Both had bunches of runners-up and 3/4th placers.  Clearly, the champion wrestlers from the other teams played a huge role in the tight team race, as did the depth of the top two teams.  Thanks to all for making this one of the best tournaments to watch for me in recent memory and a big thanks to ontherise for keeping things straight.

Lake Central Harvest Classic

Team scores

1. Portage 287.5, 2. Penn 276, 3. Brother Rice 175, 4. Lake Central 155.5, 5. Hobart 140.5, 6. Griffith 116.5, 7. Hanover Central 112.5, 8. Morton 95.5, 9. South Bend Washington 83, 10. Lake Station 74, 11. Andrean 73.5, 12. McCutcheon 65, 13. Clark 62.5, 14. Calumet 62, 15. Highland 45, 16. River Forest 34.

Championship matches

106 -- Hasson Johnson (BR) d. Colin Poynter (Po) 9-1. 113 -- Drew Hildebrandt (Pe) p. Rickie Rodriguez (Mo) 5:19. 120 -- Jeremiah Reitz (G) d. Miguel Prado (Po) 8-2. 126 -- Julian Blanco (BR) d. Brandon Truver (LC) 14-4. 132 -- Juan Blanco (BR) p. Tyler Joseph (Po) 1:32. 138 -- Zack Fattore (Ho) d. Kasper McIntosh (Po). 145 -- Steven Lawrence (Po) p. Jacy Leon (Ho) 3:45. 152 -- Kodie Christenson (LC) d. Mike Krzyston (A) 7-6. 160 -- Evan Larsen (HC) d. Joe Martorano (Pe) 6-2. 170 -- Scottie Sopko (Ho) d. Joey Mammolenti (Pe) 3-1. 182 -- Chase Osborn (Pe) d. Jake Kleimola (LC) 8-5. 195 -- Nick Fowler (Ca) d. Matt Hedrick (Po) 4-0. 220 -- Kobe Woods (Pe) d. Jonah Shultz (LS) 17-4. 285 -- Cory Christman (Pe) d. James Hopkins (Mc) 10-1.

3rd place

106: Alex Bautista Han maj kory cavanaugh 10-1

113: jake Gilliam Han d Paul gliva Brice 5-2

120: tondrew Tyler SBW d jermaine fletxher rf

126: Gaige Torres p Chris Diaz clk 2:46

132: sergio castellanos inj Jarrett sellis penn

138: Rahman Johnson Brice fall trace Manspeaker :16

145: Dustin hochstedler penn d anwar Issa 11-9

152: Jarod swank penn d Savin Gonzalez port 9-5

160; de'angelo Scott SBW fall is zak Morgan port 3:38

170: Ishmael cornejo p Andrew key 3:55

182: Alex Guerrero por d Seth Leon high 6-3

195: Rene Zamora clk p Kyle treber penn 3:58

220: brenden macjewski port p Dan Howard Brice 5:30

285: Isaiah Shultz ls d Giovanni Murillo port 1-0

I thought the tourny went well. Portage looked really solid top to bottom I know penn had a couple guys out. I think portage has a good shot to win the Traicoff they don't have a lot of holes they only had 1 guy place out side of the top 5. I was happy to see their 195 was ok after hitting his head on the hard wood floor

LOL.No crow to be eaten here as I stated it would be close with the addition of Portage . I've been following the Harvest for about 8 years now , when was the last time they added any teams the Caliber of Portage and Brother Rice ? I made that prediction based on the usual teams at the Harvest for the last decade .If Portage and Brother Rice were not there then my original prediction would of held true , as Penn outscored  Lake Central by 120 points . 

brother rice wrestled in it last year

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.