Harvest Classic

Tonyv

I guess last years Merrilville Semistate champion won't win the Harvest Classic, after returning nearly there entire team. Who won the Harvest Classic last year?

Yeah I'm with this guy Penn is a clear favorite and is expected to do very well again this year.  Even if it is close, I don't see Penn losing.

yeha maybe a favorite but they didnt have a guy in the finals every weight last year and wont happen this year either this is a tough tournament 

mad about Rudy changing schools hes not at brother rice anymore and will not be attending this tournament would have seen a couple good match ups for him here 

yeha maybe a favorite but they didnt have a guy in the finals every weight last year and wont happen this year either this is a tough tournament 

mad about Rudy changing schools hes not at brother rice anymore and will not be attending this tournament would have seen a couple good match ups for him here 

Well I don't think people are talking about Penn individually getting first in every weight class. They we're talking about as a team.

I don't think I ever stated that they didn't win the event last year, I merely pointed out that I missed the time where they won multiple titles, whether it be individually or as a team, that would justify a person posting silliness like, "If Penn sends the Varsity, everyone else will battle for second".  I think there are several teams that would have something to say about that and am looking forward to some entertaining matches. Penn is a very good team and I'm happy they are a part of the event.

Micic-Davis last year was good, but what's the best potential final on paper this year?

Sopko-Mammolenti, Reitz-Black or another?

106-Has 3 freshman that will battle it out

113-If memory serves me, this was a decent match last year (Hildebrandt/Rodriguez)

120-Reitz/Black

132-Truver/Joseph

152-Swank/Gonzalez

160-Up for grabs

170-Sopko/Mammolenti

182-Osborn/Kleimola

I don't think I ever stated that they didn't win the event last year, I merely pointed out that I missed the time where they won multiple titles, whether it be individually or as a team, that would justify a person posting silliness like, "If Penn sends the Varsity, everyone else will battle for second".  I think there are several teams that would have something to say about that and am looking forward to some entertaining matches. Penn is a very good team and I'm happy they are a part of the event.

First off I was referring to the team standings. Second, since when do you have to win multiple state titles to win the Harvest classic? I believe Penn should be going for it's 4th Harvest classic in a row ?? Only reason they didn't win it two years ago was because they sent the JV , and still finished second. Last year they sent 11 to the finals (5 champs) and won by 110 points. I would expect similar results this year. Now you can sugar coat it all you want , but facts are facts.

First off I was referring to the team standings. Second, since when do you have to win multiple state titles to win the Harvest classic? I believe Penn should be going for it's 4th Harvest classic in a row ?? Only reason they didn't win it two years ago was because they sent the JV , and still finished second. Last year they sent 11 to the finals (5 champs) and won by 110 points. I would expect similar results this year. Now you can sugar coat it all you want , but facts are facts.

I'm 100% certain everything I said was a fact. Penn will win, but be careful pounding on your chest, don't want you to hurt yourself, it's the first tourney of the year. You are right, you don't have to be an individual or team state champ to win the Harvest, Penn has proven that 4 times.

I'm 100% certain everything I said was a fact. Penn will win, but be careful pounding on your chest, don't want you to hurt yourself, it's the first tourney of the year. You are right, you don't have to be an individual or team state champ to win the Harvest, Penn has proven that 4 times.

No chest pounding here. Surely you will enlighten everyone as to which team or teams that will out score Penn.Last years Classic was won by such a large margin that the true battle was for second place. Even the newspaper article said the same thing. You see a drastic difference this year ?And for your info, Penn beat last years Ihsaa state champ in a Dual meet. Shows how flawed the new system is.And why do you put so much weight on individual state champs? Lake Central had a 2 time state champ on their team last year. How did that work out for team scoring at the Harvest Classic and Ihsaa state?

No chest pounding here. Surely you will enlighten everyone as to witch team or teams that will out score Penn.Last years Classic was won by such a large margin that the true battle was for second place. Even the newspaper article said the same thing. You see a drastic difference this year ?And for your info, Penn beat last years Ihsaa state champ in a Dual meet. Shows how flawed the new system is.And why do you put so much weight on individual state champs? Lake Central had a 2 time state champ on their team last year. How did that work out for team scoring at the Harvest Classic and Ihsaa state?

I'm going to have a "witch" cast a spell and make you go away. Lake Central has had 7 individual champs who've won a total of 11 individual champs. Since you asked, I'll respond, it's great to watch them have their hands raised at the conclusion of the state finals match, perhaps you'll get the same enjoyment from one of your Kingsman someday. Congrats on your Dual championship, does the IHSAA hand out rings for that? Do teams even care enough to attend? Good day sir.

I'm going to have a "witch" cast a spell and make you go away. Lake Central has had 7 individual champs who've won a total of 11 individual champs. Since you asked, I'll respond, it's great to watch them have their hands raised at the conclusion of the state finals match, perhaps you'll get the same enjoyment from one of your Kingsman someday. Congrats on your Dual championship, does the IHSAA hand out rings for that? Do teams even care enough to attend? Good day sir.

So you are saying that we shouldn't strive to have a dual champion to determine the best TEAM? It's attitudes like that which cost us a Dual team state and has made wrestling take a step back in Indiana. But this is probably an argument for another topic....

i think you will see that M109R isn't being silly.......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.