T.E.C Talk

Smalls

Monroe Central is still looking strong. I heard the Prescott situation was a dont ask dont tell type of deal, but it reads WC will have a full team on thursday. Also he will be coming back at 138. How is he looking for county?

Rj, noticed your school is adams central but you have posted exclusively about Monroe Central.

was this a mistake or are you just really really really informed on wrestling that is two counties away especially about a team that is typically not very strong. 

The school name was a mistake on my part during the creation of the profile. I do closely follow MC and had to clarify the transfers due to hearing it all football season (smh) however in my opinion union city is taking 3rd. THIS county is between WC and MC.

Remember folks Winchester, Union City, and Monroe Central will all see each other before county. It may not be a dual but all 3 are at ECIC!!!! Any predictions for that?? Also I don't believe Winchester and MC have meet together before county either. Got a gut feeling that COUNTY is going to be one worth watching!!!!!!!! And TEC as well,

Union County will probably drop in rankings simply because of their forfeits. Those rankings mean nothing right now anyway.

I will have a better feel by the end of this week maybe some actual predictions...

Winchester looked awful tonight. 

That being said it was nice to see the two guys who had been out back in the lineup. 

A couple of Winchester's guys were banged up and only wrestled one match of three tonight as well.

Could definitely tell they were a young team overall. 

That being said I believe TEC will be more of a battle than I previously thought unless something magical happens in the next couple months.

Also wanted to give credit to Prescott on match of the night with zeus brown from Muncie Central. Lost by 1. Would love to see the two wrestle again. 

Young group of kids for sure that need mat time, But where is the love for the 2 kids that are still undefeated so far ?? One of those kids had 2 matches that total of 32 seconds that is awesome. It was great to see Prescott and Williams back.

126 - Thompson should be a contender, 138 - Prescott, 170 - nunez,  195 - I know Cook will be tough to, he went 3 and 0 last night. But it's still early, I have only seen Winchester, Union City, and Tri of the TEC schools so far. C-ville claims to tough in lower weights??? And Union County if they keep having 3 forfeits will need to be super tough in all classes to have a shot. Cambridge City, I have no idea. But it's just my thinking.

Winchester did not look awful Thursday night,they have six freshman in the lineup this year, they looked pretty good last night with a fee kids wrestling up a few weight classes. And as far as UC , they have no shot at the sectional, let alone county or conference.. WC will win the TEC, and Monroe Central will challenge them at county..

I saw lots and lots of weakness. I have given them credit thus far this season. I know for a fact they are young because I know everyone on the team personally but at the same time I saw a lot of areas for improvement that shouldn't be weaknesses at this point. "Being young" doesn't factor into wins and losses. Either you win or you lose. When does "being young" become an after thought? 

They did lose two matches that I would bet they would go the other way 9/10 times from Nunez and Underwood.

Hopefully both guys are healthy by next weeks meets. Nunez seemed fine on Friday night. 

Handley over Thompson at TEC 

I would say both Underwood and Nunez will be right there for TEC

Also Prescott looked really tough on his feet. Maybe some bottom work improvements and he is a no brainer. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.