P4P rankings this year

Jayruss

Someone mentioned Red atop of their P4P rankings this year, just curious to see who everyone else had from 1-10. I will try to compile mine tomorrow but right now i would go Lee and Red tied for 1, but if forced to make a decision I would go Lee by a .5, it's that close. I would say James will be 3 on my list.

1. Chad Red - New Palestine (hands down in my opinion)

2. Branden James - Perry Meridian

3. Nick Lee - Mater Dei

4. Tommy Forte - Mishawaka

5. Garrett Pepple - East Noble

6. Paul Konrath - Mount Vernon

7. Tommy Cash - Lawrence North

8. Jack Chastain - HSE

9. Connor Knapp - East Noble

10. Brock Hudkins - Danville

And only time will tell.........

3. Nick Lee - Mater Dei

8. Jack Chastain - HSE

no Rypel?

3. Nick Lee - Mater Dei

8. Jack Chastain - HSE

Don't forget about Drew Hughes too

no Rypel?

Don't forget about Drew Hughes too

I'm sorry guys both (along with a couple others) could easily be in the top ten!

With Pepple placing 4th at Super 32 and Konrath DP (both at 113), I am surprised a couple of people have Konrath over Pepple. Until Konrath beats Pepple (which could happen) Pepple (a 2 time 2nd at state) should be over Konrath. In my opinion. But I guess it's kind of like Lee Vs. James (1 or 2) until they meet on the mat it's just a guessing game.

I'm sorry guys both (along with a couple others) could easily be in the top ten!

With Pepple placing 4th at Super 32 and Konrath DP (both at 113), I am surprised a couple of people have Konrath over Pepple. Until Konrath beats Pepple (which could happen) Pepple (a 2 time 2nd at state) should be over Konrath. In my opinion. But I guess it's kind of like Lee Vs. James (1 or 2) until they meet on the mat it's just a guessing game.

I feel like it's hard to take much from a tournament the size of Super 32 from a rankings standpoint, especially when said wrestlers entered the tournament unseeded, such as Konrath and Pepple. I was really hoping we'd get lucky and would've been given the opportunity to see that matchup at Super 32, though. I think Banker's Life will be our only shot at seeing that one this year.

I feel like it's hard to take much from a tournament the size of Super 32 from a rankings standpoint, especially when said wrestlers entered the tournament unseeded, such as Konrath and Pepple. I was really hoping we'd get lucky and would've been given the opportunity to see that matchup at Super 32, though. I think Banker's Life will be our only shot at seeing that one this year.

I am pretty certain that Pepple, Konrath, and Hildebrandt were all seeded.

Most people have Konrath up there(I assume) because of his Fargo championship over the summer. I didn't even know he wrestled at Super 32 though, and would have put Pepple over him based off of that.

I am pretty certain that Pepple, Konrath, and Hildebrandt were all seeded.

Yep all three were seeded.

And don't get me wrong I'm not trying to take anything away from Konrath, he is a true stud!!! As a one of the other guys stated I don't think you can't take a lot out of a DP finish from a tournament like Super 32, but you can take a lot out of a 4th place finish.

On a side note I think Konrath was at 106 at Fargo and 113 at Super 32. Man is he fun to watch!!!!

Most people have Konrath up there(I assume) because of his Fargo championship over the summer. I didn't even know he wrestled at Super 32 though, and would have put Pepple over him based off of that.

It wasn't so much that way for me and at that point we're just splitting hairs. Pepple should have probably gotten the nod just because he had a common opponent win over Hoskins. I think they're interchangeable at 8 and 9 though, because of Konraths big wins at Fargo over Mattin and Timmins.

I remember that since then Red has won a Fargo Championship and a Super 32 Championship...both are phenomenal but Red gets the nod in my opinion. Had the win been more substantial like a major there could be an argument but I believe it was an OT victory.

3rd Place Match - Brandon James (Perry Meridian) won by decision over Chad Red (Red Cobra Academy) (Dec 6-3)

1st

James scored a takedown

2nd

Red got an escape

3rd

James escape

Red takedown

James reversal

James riding time

That would have been one hell of a match to watch!!!

Cases for #1

Chad Red

Positives: Won Fargo and Super 32, 2x undefeated champ

Negatives: Loss to James

Nick Lee

Positives: Won Fargo, 2x FILA Cadet runner-up

Negatives: 3rd State

Tommy Forte

Positives: State Champ, Super 32 placer 2013

Negatives: Super 32 DNP 2014

Brandon James

Positives: 3X Fargo Placer, 3rd FloNationals, Beat Red, Beat Cash

Negatives: 0X champ, DNP at Fargo 2014

You can even make cases for state champs Jacob Stevenson and Tommy Cash or guys like Blake Rypel and Drew Hughes who both had very productive off-seasons. Don't forget about Paul Konrath who won Fargo or Jer Reitz who beat him at state or even Shawn Streck who is a 2x placer and double AA at Fargo as a big guy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.