IHPO Recap

Y2CJ41

Great tournament! I was really surprised how well it ran considering how many matches there were. Does anyone have a final count on how many total matches there were? It was nice to see so many different states represented, and the different styles they brought with them.

Great tournament! I was really surprised how well it ran considering how many matches there were. Does anyone have a final count on how many total matches there were? It was nice to see so many different states represented, and the different styles they brought with them.

1114 matches in total! Just about 90 matches per mat! 

586 wrestlers, 14 states represented

Just floors me how much this has grown and how it has become a nationally relevant event.

I completely agree with Joe.  I want to thank a million people for their support, help, and patience during this years IHPO.  We ran into a huge issue in the middle of the tournament, but it was taken care of due to the experience that the other track "gurus" and I had.  Thankfully Joe decided that he should have a couple of us "gurus" at the tournament.  It is also very interesting when someone would think that I am the novice when I have ran 23 meets alone with Trackwrestling.  Anyway back to my thank yous.

Thank you to the Trine wrestlers, they had very few mess ups when you think about the number of "bad results" that we had last year.  I was very impressed by the professionalism and hard work that all of them possessed.  So thank you to Joe and Coach Dan Callahan for setting them up to work.  By the end of the day all of them were basically fixing the computers so that I didn't have to be the "track gopher" anymore.  We absolutely could not have ran the meet as efficiently as we did without the help of the Trine guys. 

Thank you to the officials.  At some points, I would have rather been on the mat with you guys.  But I am a wrestler, so I knew I needed to push through the adversity of what was going on.  But anyway, I saw a lot of officials working their tails off, and I really was happy with the result of the meet.  Even if Barnett and Pettit missed a bunch of calls.  Haha.

Thank you to Scott Raypole, he was available for anything that our "gurus" and officials needed.  If we needed a table, we got 2.  If the officials needed into their locker room, he would open it every 5 minutes.  He did a ton of work and I really appreciate having someone in his position that is that willing to help anyone who needed the help. 

To the Carroll parent, wrestlers, and volunteers.  This was a first class ran tournament.  I was impressed that you were all willing to do anything to help out.  And the wrestlers, I arrived at 2:30 and was amazed at how fast you guys put the gyms together.  It was incredible.

THANK YOU to the fans and wrestlers.  There were many technical issues, but I hope you all understand that I and the others around me were trying to fix everything in a timely manner.  And thank you to all of the fans and wrestlers for being understanding when something happened, and I hope that we showed all of you the respect that you were showing us at the head table. 

I hope everyone knows that Trackwrestling did exactly its job the entire tournament.  When we are trying to run the tournament on a server and the server and router are not communicating, it does not help.  I do not blame the server and router on anyone, honestly.  I just was very impressed with the amount of understanding that everyone had when we had to shut the tournament down and fix our problems with the server.  So thank you all for your understanding.

Lastly, but certainly not least, thank you to Joe and Alexis for bringing me back for another year.  Even after last year and the issues that 90% of the general public did not know was occurring.  I was on the phone with a "guru" and support at Trackwrestling for about 25% of the tournament because the rounds of the tournament were changed.  Thankfully I have built a big enough support system that I have the necessary tools at my disposal. 

I had a ton of fun, even if I had to run the entire tournament. 

Oh and Joe, I lost 13 lbs for your sake.

Trackgopher, out!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.