Ex. 6 coaches = $570.00 - 7 = $665.00

** Cost includes: Clinic & materials, and

2014-15 IHSWCA Membership - $30.00 value

add $40 per coach to be an NWCA member

THURSDAY

7:30-8:30am - registration

8:30am-10:20 - Eric Guerrero

10:20-10:30 - Break

10:30 - 11:20 - IHSWCA STATE CHAMP Sessions 1 and 2 - Sam Reisen and Trent McCormick

11:30 -12:30 - Lunch and Business Meeting

-Lunch by Subway

12:30 - 1:50 Eric Guerrero

2:00 - 2:50 - TONY ERSLAND- Purdue

3:00 - 3:50 - CLINICIAN ROUND TABLE

4:00 - 6:00 - IHSAA Rules Interpretation Meeting

8:30 - FINISH - IHSWCA COACHES SOCIAL @ CRACKERS COMEDY CLUB - Featuring Greg Warren

Sponsored by Pro Industries

FRIDAY

8am to 9am registration

9:00- 10:20 - Joe Russell

10:30 - 11:00 - IHSWCA STATE CHAMP SESSION 3 - Bob Hasseman

11:10 - 1 - Joe Russell

Raffle and Adjournment

dstruck@gcs.k12.in.us for flyer

Coaches:

Just writing to encourage you to not only be a member of our Indiana Coaches association.  But also our national.  Below are the benefits.  Their yearly convention/clinic is absolutely amazing.  I have made my way down there to it twice.

SEE SOME OF THE BENEFITS IN THE ATTACHED EMAIL BELOW.

NWCA is who does the fighting for us on a national level.  They are the ones responsible for all the colleges picking up wrestling over the past 10-15 years.  Support them as you can!!!

Danny Struck

IHSWCA President

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 3:26 PM

To: Daniel Struck

Cc: Amy Dicato; Pat Tocci; Scott Crowell

Subject: NWCA membership information

Hi Coach Struck, sorry I missed your call today.    I am certain that many of the high school wrestling coaches in Indiana will benefit greatly by being part of the NWCA. Attached is the PDF version of our membership application and here is the online link to our membership application:  http://nwcaonline.com/membershipapplication_2015.pdf

Here are some of our primary benefits:

1.      Opportunity to purchase NCAA tickets & hotel privileges

2.      Free access to Best of Brand “program promotion” competition

3.      Eligibility for  NWCA awards process (Win awards, years of service, outstanding coach of the year, etc.)

4.      Free admission to the All Star Classic and National Duals

5.      Recognized as a valued leader in helping the NWCA advance the mission of wrestling through the establishment of new college programs, coaching education and betterment of the sport.

6.      We can provide a high school coach with training and access to college coaching positions (i.e. CEO Leadership Academy that you attended)

We will be launching a “members only portal” in December and it will include the following benefits:

a.      Wrestling statistics / trending

b.      Coaching education content (we will have lesson plans for an entire season for youth, middle school, and high school in mid October)

c.      Blog / Social media

d.      Invitation and discounted pricing for NWCA convention

As you can imagine, the membership revenue is vital to the sustainability of our efforts to start new programs, save threatened programs, and provide full scholarships for 100 plus coaches each year to attend our CEO Leadership Academy.  Please call if you have any questions.  You are a rock star!!!!!!!!!!

Your humble servant, Mike

Mike Moyer

Executive Director

National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) PO Box 254 Manheim, PA  17545

Phone:  717-653-8009

Cell:  717.330.2123

www.nwcaonline.com

NWCA Products & Services

Facebook

Twitter

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 27, 2014, at 10:29 PM, "Mike Moyer" <mmoyer@nwca.cc<mailto:mmoyer@nwca.cc>> wrote:

All, I hope you are enjoying the growing excitement as another NWCA convention rapidly approaches.  That said, I wanted to see if I can gently twist your arms into providing some great content for two coaching development courses we are re-launching:

•        Best Practices for Improving the Recruitment & Retention of Wrestlers (ages 6-12)

•        Best Practices for Improving the Recruitment & Retention of Wrestlers (ages 13-18)

The need for these two online courses is greater than ever when you consider the following:

1.      High school participation has dropped for 2 consecutive years

2.      Approximately 29% of individual high school dual meet matches are forfeits

3.      The average roster size of a high school team is 26 today vs 37 in the 1970s.

4.      Research shows that approximately 75% of kids who play youth sports do not participate past the age of 13.

These trends are not unique to wrestling.  There is more sport specialization going on at earlier ages, there are more sports/activities for kids to participate in, and we have fewer coaches who work in the schools (it’s tougher for the community coach to recruit out of the hallways like the teacher coach.  With all that said, everyone on this email distribution list has either proven that you can have healthy roster numbers despite the enrollment at your schools and/or some of you have unique research expertise that would be compelling for coaches, parents, and wrestlers to hear/see.

So, I wanted to see if we could pull each of you aside for 20 minutes or so at the convention to ask you a series of questions that pertain to this topic. Ted Witulski, former Coaching Development director at USA Wrestling has agreed to do the interviews.  If you are comfortable sharing your expertise, please respond via email to Ted Witulski (cc’d above) and he will call or text you to try to set up a convenient time.  Thank you so very much for your consideration of this request and I promise I won’t ask for another favor for at least 3 more days.

Sincerely, Mike

Mike Moyer

Executive Director

National Wrestling Coaches Association (NWCA) PO Box 254 Manheim, PA  17545

Phone:  717-653-8009

Cell:  717.330.2123

• 1 month later...

SCHEDULE AS OF 10/7/2014

THURSDAY

7:30-8:30am - registration

8:30am-9:15 – IHSWCA STATE CHAMP SESSION - Sam Reisen

9:30-10:15 – Wabash  (CCSJ)

10:30 - 11:15 – TONY ERSLAND- Purdue (Trine)

11: 30 12:30 - Lunch and Business Meeting

-Lunch by Subway

12:30 - 2:15 - Eric Guerrero (I.T.)

2:30 – 4:00- Eric Guerrero  (Uindy)

4:00 - 6:00 - IHSAA Rules Interpretation Meeting

8:30 - FINISH - IHSWCA COACHES SOCIAL @ CRACKERS COMEDY CLUB - Featuring Greg Warren

Sponsored by Pro Industries

FRIDAY

8am to 9am registration

9:00- 10:20 - Joe Russell

10:30 - 11:00 - IHSWCA STATE CHAMP SESSION  - Bob Hasseman

11:10 - 1 - Joe Russell; Raffle and Adjournment

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.