Merrillville Semi-State

what7

You know 10th to 5th place was only a 10 point range last year.  Is that really insurmountable?    Harrison also has 6 semi state qualifers back  including two state qualifiers,  thats more returning power than some of the teams you mentioned.

Wrong , Difference between 10th and 5th was 20 points .

You know 10th to 5th place was only a 10 point range last year.  Is that really insurmountable?    Harrison also has 6 semi state qualifers back  including two state qualifiers,  thats more returning power than some of the teams you mentioned.

Yep and Harrison comes out of the weakest Regional that feeds into the Merrillville Semistate . Three of those Qualifiers were beaten in the first round of the Semistate . To get into the top 5 , you would need at least 2 guys to win it all , and 2-3 to win a match or two . 

Yep and Harrison comes out of the weakest Regional that feeds into the Merrillville Semistate . Three of those Qualifiers were beaten in the first round of the Semistate . To get into the top 5 , you would need at least 2 guys to win it all , and 2-3 to win a match or two . 

You're right M109R.  Harrison will have to win at least 2 weight classes and have 2-3 guys win a couple matches.   You're kind of assuming the Harrison kids havent improved at all.

You're right M109R.  Harrison will have to win at least 2 weight classes and have 2-3 guys win a couple matches.   You're kind of assuming the Harrison kids havent improved at alI

I'm sure they have improved , but what Harrison wrestler is going to win a Semistate title? Your best chances are Armuth, Wright and Meyer . Armuth will probably run into Forte or a Shurg , then toss in Sebahar and Fritz , and I don't see it happening .If Wright stays at 182 he would run into Osborn and or Mote, if he goes 195 he could run into Kral or Winkle .  Meyer is your best chance at 220 , provided Woods or Kral are not there , and I think Woods will be there . Woods will be an absolute beast this year . 

I think you may see a lot of new names a very tough sectional in Mishawaka will producing people

I'm interested to see what Mishawaka and South Bend Riley have this year. I know Penn has 2-3 guys flying under the Radar(not Ranked), that should crack the rankings once we get further into the season . 

• 2 weeks later...

For me, I just can't wait to get back in that gym and this Semi-state been years since I've been there since they moved our semi-state...And usually when we came "we got out" but in the coaching chair with a new team hoping to bring a couple guys in to the excitement!!

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.