Merrillville Semi-State

what7

• 1 month later...

Chesterton will have two good freshman coming in with Davison and Lemly.a few other names not sure where they are from and in no orderCody CraryMyles Krintz Zach Fatore

Agreed if they are healthy this could be a good year for Chesterton

Krintz is at Culver Academy this year

The top 2 teams in the DAC are Portage and Merrillville IMO.  That will be a dual worth attending.  I think Chesterton and CP will be in that second tier, with LC and Valpo slightly behind them.  I have Laporte and City rounding out the bottom.  Hobart will be a team worth keeping an eye on as well.  

Who are some of the kids who missed last year that will make some noise in the semi state I know brady white and Tyler Joseph were both ranked the whole year at 106 Joseph moved up a weight and white missed with Mono.

Jerry Heckathorn of Rochester. Made it to semi state two years ago and had a good season last year, but missed sectionals. Very solid wrestler.

I Don't think Harrison has enough to get into the top 5 , but been wrong before though . 

Harrison just brought Scott Hinkle in as a coach, so Harrison will definitely improve with him in the practice room everyday. I think that will push them into the top 5 for this semi-state.

Harrison just brought Scott Hinkle in as a coach, so Harrison will definitely improve with him in the practice room everyday. I think that will push them into the top 5 for this semi-state.

Even if they brought in Cael Sanderson , it takes more than a year to improve that much after losing a couple studs from last years team . Going from 10th place in 2013 and 2014 to top five in 2015 . I don't see it happening this year . Penn , Merrillville and Crown Point should be the top 3, followed by Mishawaka , Lowell , Chesterton , Portage . I see 3 Region teams and 2 from Mishawaka in the top 5. 

Even if they brought in Cael Sanderson , it takes more than a year to improve that much after losing a couple studs from last years team . Going from 10th place in 2013 and 2014 to top five in 2015 . I don't see it happening this year . Penn , Merrillville and Crown Point should be the top 3, followed by Mishawaka , Lowell , Chesterton , Portage . I see 3 Region teams and 2 from Mishawaka in the top 5. 

I am curious to know what studs Harrison lost last year?

You know 10th to 5th place was only a 10 point range last year.  Is that really insurmountable?    Harrison also has 6 semi state qualifers back  including two state qualifiers,  thats more returning power than some of the teams you mentioned.

Coach Vanderaa at Harrison has done a great job and his team is loaded this year with alot of talent.  I would not be surprised to see them in the top 5.  I have a sleeper that I think could surprise people this year and it is South Bend Riley, coach Flatt has a solid squad and could really shake up some things this year.  Good luck to all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.