2014 Fargo Coverage

Y2CJ41

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the juniors, Hildebrandt to the semi's and Pepple and Fletcher Miller are all-americans still alive in the losers' bracket.  Pepple was down 11-5 and came roaring back for a 16-13 win to get the all-american spot.  Lydy and Scott lost in the all-american round.

I am very proud of my son Evan Eldred for placing 7th at USAW Cadet Freestyle Nationals in Fargo.  He made Westfield, In. proud by being the first ALL-AMERICAN from Westfield high school.

Congrats to all the indiana boys and girls earning All-American honors! I remember going to camp and staying on campus in Fargo! What a great experience! Indiana wrestling was well represented this week and I LOVE it!

Indiana Freestyle Cadets finished in a solid 5th place.  I'm guessing that is one of the highest finishes we have ever had. Great showing by our cadets, especially this years multiple champs.

Also, if you didn't notice from the twitter feed Nick Lee's round by round tech fall's earned him Outstanding Wrestler honors.  As someone who first encountered Nick (and Joe) as a young elementary kid just starting the sport it is awesome to have seen him develop into one of the nations top wrestlers. 

For the juniors, Hildebrandt to the semi's and Pepple and Fletcher Miller are all-americans still alive in the losers' bracket.  Pepple was down 11-5 and came roaring back for a 16-13 win to get the all-american spot.  Lydy and Scott lost in the all-american round.

Pepple will wrestle for 7th, Miller for 5th, and Hildebrandt will battle for a national title.

Miller finishes as an AA in 6th place.  Final team scores should be out shortly, but IN Juniors should finished around 14th.

On a side note former Indiana standout Bobby Steveson wins Junior Junior Freestyle at Millers weight 195.

Miller finishes as an AA in 6th place.  Final team scores should be out shortly, but IN Juniors should finished around 14th.

On a side note former Indiana standout Bobby Steveson wins Junior Junior Freestyle at Millers weight.

Steveson's a beast, but not quite that big yet.  :)  He wins the title at 195.

Steveson's a beast, but not quite that big yet.  :)  He wins the title at 195.

Thanks for correction. The matches were going on simultaneously and for some reason I actually putting Miller at 195 (he's a solid 220).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.