2014 Fargo Coverage

Y2CJ41

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far:

Senior Women's World Team Trials Phase 2

Sarah Hildebrandt 55KG wins Challenge Tournament, but loses 2 of 3 Final against US Nationals Champ to finish 2nd overall.

Kayla Miracle 60KG finishes 4th in Challenge Tournament.

Two Cadet Greco a All-Americans.  Both at 195

6th Place - Jacob Cavins

7th Place - Kobe Woods

Junior Greco going on currently. 

Junior Greco

Our small contingent had a few members rack up some wins but no one was able to reach AA status. 

Women's Junior Freestyle

Kayla Miracle adds to her career accolades by reaching the finals again.  Championship match starting soon. 

Miracle falls in the finals to Cadet World Champion Alo to finish as Women's Junior Runner-Up.

Cadet Freestyle starts Wednesday.  If you haven't noticed yet, Y2 has been posting some nice preview articles on the main page.

Cadet Freestyle

Reaching the Semi-Finals and thus securing at least All American status

Konrath

Red

N. Lee

Woods

We have a few guys battling back in the consolation round for All American Status too.

Senior World Team Trials Phase II

61KG: Humphrey reaches the Challenge tournament finals to face one of his main rivals Colman Scott.  The winner will wrestle US National Champ Jimmy Kennedy to make the world team.

70KG: Tsirtsis continues to struggle this summer (University Trials) as he drops two matches quickly (Molanaro & Pami) to be eliminated from the Challenge tournament.  It is worth saying though that he is basically up a weight class for this competition and against senior level guys.

Junior Freestyle will be starting today too.

I know results are being posted on twitter too, but it's worth mentioning here that Reece Humphrey is headed to the bracketed final at 61kg (134lbs) against rival Coleman Scott. If he wins, he'll face Jimmy Kennedy in the 2-of-3 overall championship.  It continues to suck that his natural size (this weight) is gone from the Olympic docket. 

Jason Tsirtsis got teched by Molinaro and Pami at 70kg (154lbs).  I believe it's the first time he's wrestled top competition at such a high weight.  He'll most likely stay down at 65kg (143lbs) when it's not the special situation of this "Phase II" qualifying procedure.

Maligned,

You beat me to the Senior Level results.  I added mine to my original post.  However, unless I'm looking at it wrong I believe Humphrey and Scott face each other with the winner facing Jimmy Kennedy in the best of 3 to make the team.

You're right!  Sorry about that.  Some of the weights have been 2 of 3 between the main bracket finalists because of 2-phase complications.  I got in my mind that there was no one at 61kg waiting for them...forgot about Kennedy.  woops!

Cadet Freestyle

Reaching the Semi-Finals and thus securing at least All American status

Konrath

Red

N. Lee

Woods

We have a few guys battling back in the consolation round for All American Status too.

Looks like IN will get 5 cadet AA (FS)

In addition to the 4 that are in the semis

E. Eldred secured top 8 status through the cons.

4 others in the cons fell 1 match short of AA

Good showing thus far.

I know results are being posted on twitter too, but it's worth mentioning here that Reece Humphrey is headed to the bracketed final at 61kg (134lbs) against rival Coleman Scott. If he wins, he'll face Jimmy Kennedy in the 2-of-3 overall championship.  It continues to suck that his natural size (this weight) is gone from the Olympic docket. 

Jason Tsirtsis got teched by Molinaro and Pami at 70kg (154lbs).  I believe it's the first time he's wrestled top competition at such a high weight.  He'll most likely stay down at 66kg (145lbs) when it's not the special situation of this "Phase II" qualifying procedure.

Reece loses 6-5 to Scott.  Not sure how the match went.

Reece scored early in the 1st

Scott came back with two more scores late including a cradle that almost pinned Reece

4-2 after 1

Reece scored another takedown to tie it up(he was "winning")

With about 40 seconds left Scott hit a blast double to take the lead

He ran the rest of the time and Reece got a pushout for 1

Red beat Taylor Lamont (Utah) who had beaten him twice earlier in the Cadet Duals 6-2 in FS and 11-0 TF in Greco.  Nice win for him. 

Konrath faces Ian Timmons (Nevada) - Timmons won Greco this week.  Konrath beat him 8-4 at USAW/CK Folkstyle in April.

Red faces Jaden Enriquez (California) - Enriquez won Greco this week.  He TF (11-0) Brayton Lee last month at Cadet Duals

Nick Lee faces Jamie Hernandez (Illinois) - Hernandez did not wrestle Greco this week.  Don't see a lot on him.  He may be an incoming frosh?

Kobe Woods faces Matt Stencil (Ohio) - No info on him

Red beat Taylor Lamont (Utah) who had beaten him twice earlier in the Cadet Duals 6-2 in FS and 11-0 TF in Greco.  Nice win for him. 

Konrath faces Ian Timmons (Nevada) - Timmons won Greco this week.  Konrath beat him 8-4 at USAW/CK Folkstyle in April.

Red faces Jaden Enriquez (California) - Enriquez won Greco this week.  He TF (11-0) Brayton Lee last month at Cadet Duals

Nick Lee faces Jamie Hernandez (Illinois) - Hernandez did not wrestle Greco this week.  Don't see a lot on him.  He may be an incoming frosh?

Kobe Woods faces Matt Stencil (Ohio) - No info on him

Lamont also beat Red last year at Fargo in freestyle

Woods lost to Stencil in Greco earlier this week. He beat him in Greco at Cadet Duals and lost to him in freestyle at Cadet Duals.

Red's win over Lemont is a big deal!

Lemont won Cadet FS last year and also won Junior GR last year (as a first year cadet). 2 days ago Lemont won Junior GR yet again as a 2nd year Cadet. What is even more impressive...Lemont is wrestling BOTH Cadet and Junior FS right now. He is going for 3rd in Cadet FS tomorrow and is still on the top side of the bracket in Juniors.

Not to mention Lemont wrestled both Cadet and Junior Duals in both styles. Now that is a lot of wrestling!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.