Nick Lee finishes 2nd in FILA Cadet World Trials

MattM

Great job by Nick, C. Happel is the Number #1 ranked Soph in the country.

Happel is extremely talented and should be considered among the top Sophomores in the country.  However,if you mean overall Sophomore I'm not sure I would put him ahead of Pico (though he should be a Jr.), Hall (though he should be a Jr.), Manville (an actual So.) just yet.

Happel is extremely talented and should be considered among the top Sophomores in the country.  However,if you mean overall Sophomore I'm not sure I would put him ahead of Pico (though he should be a Jr.), Hall (though he should be a Jr.), Manville (an actual So.) just yet.

one could also put Nick Suriano and Luke Fletcher, both sophomores I believe

Nick doesn't wrestle Hall, Manville, etc. I was referring to his weight class.  ;) I should have clarified.

WRESTLINGUSA Mag rated Carter Happel #1 Sophomore in the nation at 132lbs.

Suffice it to say, he's very tough.

That's the toughest call to make, the "in on a shot and the opponent body locks and tucks for a roll". I understand that the defensive wrestler has to "stop the momentum" of the attacking wrestler but it's much easier explained than judged during a match. Personally, I thought Nick initiated the move, stopped the momentum, and tucked for the turn but Happel gets 4 out of it.

Freestyle is so tough to officiate at times.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.