nhsca nationals VA beach

pdaddy

INDIANA ELITE

2014-05-24 16:20:00 Mat-19HS-3393 (85)-INDIANA ELITE vs (86)MICHIGAN RED POPPERS Score= 0- 0

2014-05-24 18:00:00 Mat-19HS-3403 (85)-INDIANA ELITE vs (87)OHIO TITANS Score= 0- 0

2014-05-24 19:40:00 Mat-19HS-3413 (85)-INDIANA ELITE vs (88)YOUNG GUNS BLUE Score= 0- 0

INDIANA HIGH ROLLERS BLACK

2014-05-24 08:00:00 Mat-25HS-3369 (117)-INDIANA HIGH ROLLERS BLACK vs (118)TEAM POWERHOUSE Score=46-15

2014-05-24 09:40:00 Mat-25HS-3379 (117)-INDIANA HIGH ROLLERS BLACK vs (119)DMC BLUE Score=78- 0

2014-05-24 11:20:00 Mat-25HS-3389 (117)-INDIANA HIGH ROLLERS BLACK vs (121)EDGE WRESTLING Score= 0- 0

2014-05-24 14:40:00 Mat-25HS-3453 (117)-INDIANA HIGH ROLLERS BLACK vs (120)YOUNG GUNS RED Score= 0- 0

INDIANA HIGH ROLLERS WHITE

2014-05-24 16:20:00 Mat-31HS-3489 (109)-TEAM GRIFFIN SELECT vs (110)INDIANA HIGH ROLLERS WHITE Score= 0- 0

2014-05-24 18:00:00 Mat-32HS-3498 (110)-INDIANA HIGH ROLLERS WHITE vs (112)ROUGHNECK WRESTLING (ORANGE) Score= 0- 0

2014-05-24 19:40:00 Mat-32HS-3506 (110)-INDIANA HIGH ROLLERS WHITE vs (111)PITT BULL BLACK Score= 0- 0

I know Drew Hughes had a HUGE win over Nationally Ranked Myles Amine, 8-6. Jose Champagne also had a big win vs. a Nationally ranked kid, Colston Diblasi, 2-1, both wrestling for Indiana High Rollers Black.

Later on today, they will have some GREAT matches.  :)

High Rollers Black finish tied for 9th out 120 teams .

I am very proud of our teams . They never bowed down to any team and battled with the best .

Black had several wrestlers with 8-2 records

Congratulations to Brock Hudkins going 10-0 . Look out this kid is slick .

Griffins Select and Young Guns , HR's Black only 2 losses are in the finals

Did Indiana Elite just choose not to wrestleback for 5th or am I missing something?

Indiana Elite did so well there has been more sponsirship money to enter the team into another event.

This is just a crazy difficult tournament.  When you have the chance to wrestle 2 or 3 nationally ranked guys plus

a couple more who are committed to wrestle at major collages in one tournament.  You just don't get that almost anywhere

else.  Jack had a lot of fun and learned more in 3 days than he did the entire wrestling season in Indiana.  Team High Rollers

represented themselves very will.  Just a great bunch of guys!

A special thanks to Brandi and Tom Cash for putting this team

together.  You chose well!

Indiana High Rollers Black had a great time this weekend as a team and represented Indiana very well. Their only losses as a team came to the teams that finished 1st & 2nd.  The team finished 9th out of 121 teams. The really impressive part is that 11/14 kids on the team are eligible to wrestle for us again next year and 7/14 will be eligible or at least another 2 years. I think the future of Indiana wrestling is in good hands.

Thanks to all the wrestlers and parents that made this such a fun and successful team trip.

106- Colton Cummings

113- Breyden Bailey

120- Brock Hudkins

126- Niko Barrantes

132- Jack Chastain

138- Tommy Cash

145- Drew Hughes

152- Jose Champagne

160- Brendon " king of funk" Kelley

170- Brendon Helm

182- Blake Rypel

195- Randy Scott

220- Gunnar Larson

hwt- Andre Porter

It is a shame they wouldn't have wrestled the semis or finals if they won.

These young men first off are student athletes first.  The team chose to leave by a unanimous decision.  7 of them had Finals, we left right after our 9th match and arrived home this morning at 4am.  After our loss the best we could have placed was 5th, and we probably could have.  The tournament ran way behind schedule.  Congratulations to Indiana Elite team members and all involved. 

It is a shame they wouldn't have wrestled the semis or finals if they won.

You have no idea how difficult these 3 days are.  After a loss on the 3rd day.  You know you have a 12 hour drive home.

I don't blame team Elite at all.  We left at 1:30 and got home at 2:00 after one speeding warning and a flat tire.

Shout out to the WV cop who let us off with a warning!

when we put the team together we told the kids and parents we would have them back for finals, so ya your right it would have been a shame that we would of had to leave if we was in the finals. The schedule said finals at 2, thats what we based it off of. These young men wrestled there buts off, and every single kid was on board with the decision to get home, and 6 of them had finals, so graduate or stick around. They made the right choice. Very proud of the guys. Best trip we have ever been on!!

Well, I had the fortune of helping coach the Indiana High Rollers Black Team with Mr. Cash. I also had the opportunity to watch Indiana Elite wrestle 4 duel meets and Indiana High Rollers White Team wrestle in 3 meets. I can tell you right now, Indiana is on the right path. These young men impressed me with their gritty wrestling and their determination to win as a TEAM. You would think that this is May and a lot of our wrestlers would have other things on their minds such as finals and graduation. I didn't sense that in any of them. To me, they all were on a mission. It was exciting to witness! I will say this, the Indiana wrestlers were in great shape. I mean they all looked like they hadn't stopped wrestling since the state. Mrs. Cash assembled a fine team. The chemistry was if they had been on the same team for years. Even when a wrestler was not on the fortunate end of winning, they were fighting not to give up bonus pts. to the other teams so that wouldn't effect too much of the overall score. I will say this, the other refs commented to me after every meet that we had a fine group and they enjoyed their competitiveness. We even had some less experienced young men and you couldn't tell it as they were a huge part of our success. The Avon wrestlers, my hats off to you. Colton Cummings, you my friend, are as aggressive and talented a wrestler as I would ever want to start off a duel meet with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.