Cashe Quiroga Receives Wilma Rudolph Student-Athlete Achievement Award

Y2CJ41

Check out the article on Cashe wining this award for overcoming great personal, academic and/or emotional odds to achieve academic success while participating in intercollegiate athletics.  This is a great honor for him.

http://www.indianamat.com/quiroga-receives-wilma-rudolph-student-athlete-achievement-award/2014/05/

We often define an athletes sports careers in terms of the accolades bestowed upon them.  However, stories like this should remind us that we also must look beyond the sports accomplishments and at the person himself.  A persons life is better defined by by how they have overcome the obstacles set before them and took advantage of the opportunities they were presented with.  In those terms it would seem Cashe has accomplished much as a person to go along with his achievements as a athletes.

We often define an athletes sports careers in terms of the accolades bestowed upon them.  However, stories like this should remind us that we also must look beyond the sports accomplishments and at the person himself.  A persons life is better defined by by how they have overcome the obstacles set before them and took advantage of the opportunities they were presented with.  In those terms it would seem Cashe has accomplished much as a person to go along with his achievements as a athletes.

+1000. Well deserved accomplishment

I will tell you that I couldn't be more proud of Cashe for what he has endured and over came in his life. The journey that myself, Coach Douglas, and Coach Williams have been on with Cashe the past 9 years has been filled with every kind of emotion/adversity (good & bad) that any human being can endure.  Cashe always has been able to handle it and find the positive, when most wouldn't.  I have enjoyed every second watching Cashe grow from a troublesome kid into a respectful young man.  Congrats to you Cashe...I always told you great things happen to great people...and you are truly GREAT!!

Coach Weimer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.