Super Dave Thornton

indyt

Words can not express how sad I am to have to say that we have lost our dear friend. A great man.  A great coach and a great Father. This man taught school up to a week before he passed just to get kids thru the AP test. He was a hero to so many. We love Dave Thornton. God bless you Dave.

His willingness to continue teaching and helping with the PM wrestling program right up to his final days is yet again a testament to Dave's character and dedication.   

Jimmy Tonte

2 minutes ago · Edited

For all who love Dave Thornton, Allison, Ansley and Ellery.

Several things. We are compiling a book of Coach Thornton memories and quotes from PM or any others as well. Please send them by email to me at Jtonte@perryschools.org

Two, we are putting together an updated Thornton Strong shirt. Mrs Tasseff will have that info soon. Wrestlers can still order Thornton Strong singlets. Proceeds go to Allison.

Three. Money. They will need donations. We are working on how but Coach Thornton is on give forward page but we are thinking of other ideas as well, and

Four instead of a funeral they are planning a life celebration and could need lots of donations. More info coming.

The biggest right now is we are 2445 dollars short of Give Forward goal(Dave Thornton Cancer Fund). I want to make that goal. We must make that goal. We need to see it thru. Finish the match strong - Thornton Strong.

More coming. So much love for my good friend, coach, father, husband, teacher....not many can be great at several things. One will be remembered as great at all things.

Dave was an awesome man...... He touched the hearts of so many and gave so much too so many. The man was a fighter to the end. God bless his family. Dave you was Great & I'm proud to say you was one of my hero's....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.