USAW Freestyle Club Cup Duals

lpd096

This event occurred today in Downers Grove, IL and RWA put together a team thanks to Mr. Champagne. RWA was in the thick of it as we reached the Championship pool but ended up getting 4th out of 12 teams but took the 2nd place and 3rd place teams to brink.

One of the best freestyle matches I've EVER seen happened between Beau Breske of Wisconsin (Ringers) and Blake Rypel who we adopted for the day as our RWA wrestler. If you don't know, Breske is probably the #1 Sophomore in the country and is ranked nationally among all grades. He is a double FARGO cadet champ.  It started out with Breske taking an 8-0 lead on Rypel. As they went out of bounds and walked back to the center, I saw Blake look at the score and a SWITCH came on. The rest of that period and the 3 min 2nd period was EPIC. Back and forth, crowd going wild, it was just intense.

So, what happened? Blake Rypel BEAT Beau Breske today, folks. The score was something like 18-17 and it was the most entertaining and exciting freestyle matches I've ever seen.

Congrats Blake!  :)

Thank you Shane for the great post! It was definitely an exciting match. The final score was 22-19. A good win for Blake for sure!

You humbly failed to mention the outstanding, undefeated day that Jake had. Also undefeated that I remember were Jose Champagne, Drew Hughes, and Breyden Bailey, Jake Kleimola.  Dylan missed his last match but was undefeated too. I didn't know some of the other RWA boys but it was a great group. Fun tournament- looking forward to next year.

Is there any video footage of Blake's match?

I believe I spotted Bellrs taping the match in the corner.  ;)

Perhaps we could talk her into uploading it to youtube or another site so we can see it again?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.