Beat The Streets

I don't know much about international wrestling, but I thought I would ask the board.  Any of the matches from yesterday surprise anyone?  I thought Taylor looked great and I can see him upsetting Burroughs the next time they wrestle.  (Since he almost won last time)  Thoughts?

BEAT THE STREETS TEAM USA VS THE WORLD DUAL

United States 8, World All-Stars 3

57 kg/125.5 lbs. –George Vangelov (Bulgaria) dec. Nahshon Garrett (USA), 5-4

61 kg/134 lbs. – Jimmy Kennedy (USA) vs. Aleksandr Bogomoev (Russia), 2-1

65 kg/143 lbs. – Jordan Oliver (USA) dec. Boris Novachkov (Bulgaria), 4-1

65 kg/143 lbs. –Haislan Garcia (Canada) dec. Logan Stieber (USA), 6-2

65 kg/143 lbs. – Brent Metcalf (USA) vs. Magomed Kurbanaliev (Russia), 11-8

55 kg/121 lbs. – Helen Maroulis (USA) pin Marcia Andrades (Venezuela), 5: 53

74 kg/163 lbs. – David Taylor (USA) dec Yabrail Hasanov (Azerbaijan), 6-0

86 kg/189 lbs. – Ed Ruth (USA) tech. fall Taymuraz Friev (Spain), 10-0

97 kg/213 lbs. –. Khadjimurat Gatsalov (Russia) dec. Kyle Snyder (USA), 6-3

69 kg/152 lbs. – Randi Miller (USA) dec. Alina Makhinya (Ukraine), 11-5

74 kg/163 lbs. – Jordan Burroughs (USA) pin Atsamaz Sanakoev (Russia), 5:58

Taylor looked really good, but in my opinion, Ed Ruth and Kyle Snyder stood out the most for me. Snyder, being an 18 year old, wrestling Gatsalov who won the Olympics in '04 and takes the guy down with an amazing single? He's going to do big things at OSU. Ruth, with a little experience in freestyle under his belt, looks as if he will take some world titles. He looked so fluid with his shots last night.

What happened with the Tsirtsis vs Pico match? I saw somewhere that said Pico hinted he may not wrestle.

I believe it was said that Pico had some scheduling conflicts which would make it hard to fit in another trip.  He was already set for a training trip overseas, some in-country training camps to prepare for the Junior World Trials, and also a fitting in time to finish some school classes up.  All that combined apparently made him (his team) feel that a trip to NYC for one match was a little much to tack on.  This seemed understandable to me considering he's on such a busy schedule at just 17yo.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.