Purdue Apt. fire claims the life of former Connersville wrestler

SpartanDog

The Indiana wrestling community lost one of their own early this morning. An apartment fire near Purdue University claimed the life of Cody Day, a former Connersville High School wrestler. The wrestling community grieves as a family when tragedy strikes. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Connersville community. Please keep another former wrestler Chase Woodall in prayer as well as he suffered severe burns in the same fire. 

My sincere condolences to Cody's family and friends.  I had not heard anything about this until this morning, but never is it too late to express such sentiments.  I know the Day family has been a tremendous influence in and part of the Connersville wrestling program for many years.  He was always a competitor either on the football field or the wrestling mat.  I always enjoy saying hello to his dad Mike at meets and all of his kids were/are solid wrestlers.  However, nothing can measure the hurt that the Day family must be experiencing over the loss of their son/brother.  May God be with you all and offer you His wonderful Mercy and Grace to help you through these trying times.  May your strength in Him be the support you turn to as it is shown in the embodiment of your many family and friends that surround you with love.

Chase, may you find healing and strength as well in your recovery.  I hope that your road to recovery is met with great support and love.  I hope that you are able to come through this with much resolve and courage.  May God be with you.

Sincerely,

Chris Nobbe

South Dearborn Wrestling

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.