2014 Head Coaching Changes

Y2CJ41

If you have any additions or updates please post, send a PM or email me with the information.

[table]

School

Former Coach

New Coach

Adams Central

Doug Schultz

Tony Currie

Benton Central

Lee Lukaszka

Thomas Churchard

Culver Community

"Sweet" Lou Posa

Chris Prendergast

Daleville

Andrew Corn

[/td]

Delta

Brett Clark

Fort Wayne Wayne

Riley Johnson

Josh Grider

Hanover Central 

Nick Petrov

Heritage Hills

Matt Thompson

Clay Robison

Huntington North

Kyle Wood

Darrell Dorsett

Indianapolis Howe

Nicholas Brobst

Jay County

James Myers

Eric Myers

Madison Grant

John Callahan

Mount Vernon(Fortville

Tyler Hercamp

Chad Masters

Paoli

Aaron Hannon

John McAndrew

Rossville

Mike Fadness

[td]Washington

John Thompson

Tanner McPherso

Western Boone

Kyler Kearby

Ken McCoy

[/table]

Paoli Jr./Sr. High School is seeking a head wrestling coach for their high school program.  Teaching openings are as follows:

8th grade Science

Computer Science/Technology

Family and Consumer Science (Home Ec)

All positions are posted on the IDOE website.

Please contact AD Darek Newkirk (newkirk@paoli.k12.in.us) or Aaron Hannon (hannona@paoli.k12.in.us) for more information.

Rossville is looking for a Head Wrestling Coach again this year..  We have a very solid, young, team that had a lot of success last year.  Also, several good MS kids moving up that are varsity ready. 

If you are interested in applying for the position contact the Rossville Athletic Director, Bob Knapp:

Phone - 765 379-2551 ext. 301

email - rknapp@rcsd.k12.in.us

• 2 weeks later...

Hanover Central has posted the position for head coach. A few teaching positions are posted as well. The program is in very good shape, and has the potential to be strong for many years to come.

The club program is been running for 30 years and has over 50 kids in it, and our Jr high program is doing well with solid coaching in place.

The Varsity team has many experienced wrestlers coming back, and some solid 8th graders coming in. Plenty of hammers coming up from 5th ,6th and 7th grades. Most of our wrestlers are wrestling club and RWA.

use this link to  see postings.

http://www.hanover.k12.in.us/Page/73

• 3 weeks later...

Paoli High School is looking to fill their head wrestling coach position.  A PE teaching contract is available as well.  Any interested individuals need to contact:

AD Darek Newkirk

newkirk@paoli.k12.in.us

812-723-3905

or

Aaron Hannon

hannona@paoli.k12.in.us

812-653-1012

Administration is very motivated to fill both positions.

There are two openings I know of: Madison Grant in Fairmount, IN, halfway between Indianapolis and Ft. Wayne needs a new coach. Contact ryan.plovick@mgargylls.com for info on that one.

Also, TC Howe in Indianapolis is searching for a new head coach there. There are 6 returning starters from that team (all were sophomores this year) and all had records at or over .500 on the season). There are also several untapped talents that are just now getting into the sport but are freak athletes that should be great wrestlers under the right coaching. For more information, contact Damon Watts at dwatts@tchowehighschool.org

Fort Wayne Wayne will have an opening.  I have accepted a position as an assistant principal in Napa, California.  If and when position becomes available, I will post details.  Any inquiries can be sent to me at rileyj45@gmail.com. Great school with 30+ wrestlers returning for the third straight year!  It has been a true blessing to watch this program develop and grow from when I took over.  It is a bittersweet moment and I will truly miss being a part of the Indiana wrestling community.

Riley Johnson

I'm stepping down as the Head Wrestling Coach at Heritage Hills to take an assistant principal position at Mount Vernon.  HH is looking for a new social studies teacher/wrestling coach. Contact Principal Nick Alcorn with inquiries. nalcorn@mail.nspencer.k12.in.us or 812-937-4472. The program has a lot of talent coming up and the school is a great place to work.

• 2 weeks later...

Daleville Junior Senior High School has an opening for Head Varsity Wrestling Coach.  There are teaching openings in History and English.  The teaching positions are posted on the DOE website.  If you have any questions email Eric Douglas at edouglas@daleville.k12.in.us

Jeffersonville High School has multiple teaching openings and could really use another coach in the building!!

Openings as of now:

Social Studies (not posted but it will happen)

science

math

6th grade English (River Valley  - one of our two middle schools)

send an email to Julie Straight - our principal jstraight@gcs.k12.in.us

cc me - danny struck dstruck@gcs.k12.in.us

I have stepped down after 7 years of coach the Washington hatchets. Due to schedule changes at my job and my wife's college schedule, I just simply do not have the time to balance work, wrestling, and time with my family anymore. I want to thank everyone who I ever coached against, it was a blast. My head assistant the last 2 season, Tanner McPherson, will be the next head coach.

• 2 weeks later...

South Adams in looking for a head coach

South Adams High School is seeking a head wrestling coach for the high school program.  South Adams has built a successful program, with a very strong youth program, over the last decade and is seeking a strong candidate to continue that tradition.  Teaching openings are as follows:

HS Science: Chemistry and Physical Science

Guidance Counselor

6th grade English

Possible elementary position

Please contact AD Jason Arnold (jarnold@southadams.k12.in.us) for more information.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rossville is now looking for a new Middle School Head Coach.  If you are interested please contact the Rossville AD, Bob Knapp at rknapp@rcsd.k12.in.us or 765 379-2552, ext 301.

Rossville is pleased to announce that our new High School Head Coach is Billy Birge, originally from Frankfort.  We are excited to welcome Billy, his brother Josh, and Brett Vaughn (assist coach) into our program.

• 4 weeks later...

East Chicago Central is looking for Assistant Coaches.  There are teaching positions available.  TV and Radio Communications Teacher, Social Studies Teacher, and Nutritionist are a couple of positions open as of 10/3/2014.  e-mail: AD- Tcavazos@ecps.org, or Coach Garcia- Rigarcia@ecps.org

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.