Valenti

Buxton

Juergens/Stritmatter

Jeff Jordan

Jim Tonte

Powless

Steven Bradley

Who else?

I'm personally pulling for Pritzlaff to get a shot.  But, several names on the list would be great for the program. I'm hoping in the next week or two we can at least hear the names of some of the top guys who have applied.

1. Terry Brands!!!

Head coaching experience! STUD! Iowa guy! He would bring AWESOME intensity to the state! PU should ante up and pay the man!

2. Cody Sanderson !!

4 National titles in a row! Head Coaching experience

3. Schwab from Northern Iowa

He's done an amazing job turning that program into a contender in a short time!

Mike Mena - Iowa 4x All American

Quinten Wright - Penn State 2x NCAA & 4x All American

Lee Kemp - Wisconsin 3x World Champion & 3x NCAA Champion

Brian Snyder - Nebraska 4x All American

Dennis Hall - World Champion & Olympic Silver Medalist

Mark Ironside - 2x NCAA Champion & 4x Big 10 Champion

Shawn Charles - Arizona State 4x All American & 2x PAC 10 Champion

I was looking through a list of head coaches today and wondered about Mark Branch, current head coach at Wyoming

His alma mater is Oklahoma State, but if Guerrero is likely successor to John Smith, then could Branch be interested in a prime spot such as Purdue?

Some others...

Jason Borrelli is head coach at Stanford.  He is a Michigan native (dad is Central Michigan head coach, correct?)

Steve Fraser, also a Michigan native, is head coach for USA Greco Roman wrestling

Greg Randall, head coach at Boise State

I believe Branch was passed up when Hinkel was hired if my memory is correct.  That may mean he isn't interested this time around, but who knows.

Borelli and Randall would both be be very good hires. Both have done a lot with very little at their respective schools.

I like Borelli because he is young and will be able to lay the groundwork to build the program up.

ive just got information that Purdue is looking to stay within its program for the NEW coaching position.  look to see Pete Rogers as the next Boilermaker front man.

If after looking at what all the candidates can do for the program it looks like Rodgers is best suited to lead the program in the right direction then so be it. 

However, I'm not sure I generally agree with an administration wanting to focus on stay within the program as a major part of their hiring strategy.  That is unless that coach they are looking at has proven he was a major factor in the program having a lot of previous national success.  In Rodgers case he's not really been at Purdue long enough to show that, so his DIII Lakeland credentials are as close as you can get in that case.

In person interviews are this week. Lots of speculation on who is coming to beautiful West Lafayette.

Rumor is Jeff Jordan might be interested but the assistant AD did not bother to call him.

You have to recruit for this job, not just look at who applies. How Damion Hahn or Kish were not

recruited harder is maddening.  Two out of the 4 on the list are very good candidates, but

this young assistant AD had the opportunity to get a game changer and I believe he shunned input from

Alumni, so we shall see. 

Well the list of finalists for the West Virginia job looks a hell of a lot better than what Purdue is looking at.

WV wrestling forums list the final five are Roselli, Henson, Branch, Heskett, and Jones for the WV job.

Purdue Assistant AD:  "It'll be a good hire..."

Me:  "Not looking too good there pal."

Well the list of finalists for the West Virginia job looks a hell of a lot better than what Purdue is looking at.

Purdue Assistant AD:  "It'll be a good hire..."

Me:  "Not looking too good there pal."

Maybe Purdue can wait until WV makes its decision in the next day or two, then swoop in and talk to the other candidates that didn't get picked.  The deflation from not getting picked by their original choice may entice a few of them to now consider Purdue.    The strategy seems to work well for a few HS boys come prom time.

Or quickly pull the trigger on Rosseli and lock him down before the other boy asks him out first. 

Maybe Purdue can wait until WV makes its decision in the next day or two, then swoop in and talk to the other candidates that didn't get picked.  The deflation from not getting picked by their original choice may entice a few of them to now consider Purdue.    The strategy seems to work well for a few HS boys come prom time.

Or quickly pull the trigger on Rosseli and lock him down before the other boy asks him out first.

I bet Rosseli thought he had th WV job in the bag; If Purdue had non-wrestling experienced adults

in the interview room,  you can bet Rosseli came off sounding like a jag bag to them.

Calvin Williams, the assistant AD, is really screwing up this whole sh!tstorm. It's a Big Ten Position: you recruit the position, not take applications; any dolt can put a position on Careerbuilder.com, but it takes someone with knowledge to get the right people on board, seek consensus, and articulate the program's vision, and then go out and recruit the best candidates and staff.

If you are going to get rid of the current staff, then he should have had a thouroughly researched and prepared list 6 months ago.

Three weeks after he pulled the chord on Coach Hinkle, he still did not have a list. Then he was told by the AD to seek input and communicate with an advisory panel of program supporters, and he blew them off.  An interview group that doesn't include Kish, Hahn, Perry, or Eggum is a failure in my opinion; if you are saying you want to make a big change, then you better put on the big boy pants and pony up. 

Sigh..... ??? ???

The good news out of this is Rosseli is still on the market and apparently interested in Purdue.  If the program wants to have a solid shot at being in the top half of the Big 10 standing they likely need to lock him down now, unless their is another unknown final candidate of his caliber most of us have not heard about yet.  The question is will the school provide the funding and support (administrative and with assistant coaches) necessary to entice him to take this job.

With the UPenn job now open it would be wise for Purdue to lock someone down soon before the intrigue of recruiting in and around the Pennsylvania causes them to miss out on one of their better candidates.