NWCA/USAW National Scholastic Duals

He was probably distracted by having such greatness near him

Point taken...

On a serious note I had a blast at my first Scholastic Duals! I saw some great wrestling, met up with friends, made many new friends, and Madison wrestlers picked up a ton of experience.

Thanks to Indiana Renegades coaching staff and to Ohio1030 for giving some Madison wrestlers an opportunity to compete!

And shout out to my new buds from EMD and Castle, it was great meeting my fan club, lol!

Courvoisier Morrow (Indiana Blue)  Who is this kid?  Good results.

Possible state championship match from this year if Bobby would have stayed...Bobby Stevenson (minnesota) over Blake Rypel 3-0

What a great 2-day event! Saw some great friends and was told "You are coaching ILLINOIS INFERNO"...so I did and I only got 1 team point deducted over 7 duals so for me, that's a huge victory!  :)

John Cook, Jason Cook, and all of the NWCA folks along with Indiana assistants did an excellent job of putting a sheer meat grinder on for all of the wrestlers, fans, and coaches.

While Lee was amazing, he was not the MOW.

Hall wasn't scored on (no offensive points), and pinned every opponent in the first period, except for his two dominating tech falls. He is absolutely unreal. He made DeMoss, who was undefeated heading into their match, look very ordinary. He was co-MOW on the basis of sheer domination.

Chad Red had 4 first period falls, beat several state champs, beat 2 Fargo champs (including a Fargo double-finalist), a multiple-time Ohio state placer (first period fall), and wrestled about as well as I have ever personally seen him wrestle.

Hughes beat a tough IL state champ and a FLO champ by fall. The Flo champ, Moore of St. Paris Graham, is nationally ranked. Hughes was absolutely dominant, winning all his matches by clear superiority. As with Red, I don't know if Hughes can wrestle much better than this.

Austin Myers completed his third year here undefeated, with past wins over Gelen and Tolley. He defeated MN state champ Cumberbatch this year.

Neal Richards completed his second straight year of being undefeated.

Bobby Steveson went undefeated, including wins over nationally ranked Wisman of VA, tough OH wrestler Patchin and Rypel.

Although John Cook asked my opinion, it was his decision, ultimately, and I think he chose well. Every year, there are numerous worthy candidates, and this year it was especially true.

In a match where either wrestler made one mistake the other would score Red raised to another level .

Nick Lee is a machine you make 1small mistake he will pin you. The best thing about this kid he is so humble.

Mark Hall is from a different planet hes that great.

Bobby Stevenson is like the incredible hulk. He can slam you through the gym floor under the mat and likes too.

I have to give Franklin props had 1 kid in this event and seemed like a third of Franklin was there to support him thats awesome.

Wabash did a great job hosting this event. Everything was 1st class kept very clean and well ran.

By your post it wasn't clear.  Who was named the MOW? 

While Lee was amazing, he was not the MOW.

Hall wasn't scored on (no offensive points), and pinned every opponent in the first period, except for his two dominating tech falls. He is absolutely unreal. He made DeMoss, who was undefeated heading into their match, look very ordinary. He was co-MOW on the basis of sheer domination.

Chad Red had 4 first period falls, beat several state champs, beat 2 Fargo champs (including a Fargo double-finalist), a multiple-time Ohio state placer (first period fall), and wrestled about as well as I have ever personally seen him wrestle.

Hughes beat a tough IL state champ and a FLO champ by fall. The Flo champ, Moore of St. Paris Graham, is nationally ranked. Hughes was absolutely dominant, winning all his matches by clear superiority. As with Red, I don't know if Hughes can wrestle much better than this.

Austin Myers completed his third year here undefeated, with past wins over Gelen and Tolley. He defeated MN state champ Cumberbatch this year.

Neal Richards completed his second straight year of being undefeated.

Bobby Steveson went undefeated, including wins over nationally ranked Wisman of VA, tough OH wrestler Patchin and Rypel.

Although John Cook asked my opinion, it was his decision, ultimately, and I think he chose well. Every year, there are numerous worthy candidates, and this year it was especially true.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.