Tracking IU, Purdue, Howe, Tsirtsis, Petrov, Harvey (mat #'s, results, etc.)

maligned

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quiroga loses a tough one 11-7 to Schopp. Schopp rides tough with that back headlock out to the side and running a tilt off of it getting about 3.5-4 minutes of riding time out of it. Quiroga was down big in the 3rd and made a run to get it to close but the blood time slowed any momentum he had going. Good match though.

i think the opponent chose top after riding cashe out all period if I am not mistaken.

Anyone care to predict the Tsirtsis vs Houdashelt match?  Tsirtsis usually keeps it close, so this should be a pretty exciting match.  However, I am no expert on the college level, so I would like to hear some of your opinions.

If you want to chime in on the Howe or Chalfant matches as well... go at it!

That's what I took from this as the commentator said Quiroga chose bottom. Schopp was tough on top, no wonder why he chose it.

Watched it again on espn3, and schopp took top in the 2nd

Period, Quiroga neutral in 3rd. Schopp is such a monster in top

That he is the only guy to 95% of the time to choose top, kind of like

Patactsil a few years ago.

Anyone care to predict the Tsirtsis vs Houdashelt match?  Tsirtsis usually keeps it close, so this should be a pretty exciting match.  However, I am no expert on the college level, so I would like to hear some of your opinions.

If you want to chime in on the Howe or Chalfant matches as well... go at it!

I think we will have three battles on our hands. But the state of Indiana will have three in the finals after tonight.

I think we will have three battles on our hands. But the state of Indiana will have three in the finals after tonight.

About to get rolling at 8 eastern/7 central.  The docket for tonight:

133: Quiroga wrestleback (all-american round), Mat 5, Second Match

149: Tsirtsis semi-final, Mat 3, Fourth Match

165: Leblanc wrestleback (all-american round), Mat 5, Sixth Match

174: Howe semi-final, Mat 4, Seventh Match

285: Chalfant semi-final, Mat 4, Tenth Match

While its not quite the proof of depth needed to show we are a premier wrestling state (like #of AA or total qualifiers), none the less the state of Indiana have three finalist would be a great national talking point.  Adding in Quiroga if he gets one more, and Indiana will have four total All-Americans.

wow...repeat of the quarter-finals and Tsirtsis is headed to the finals with a 2-1 win in double overtime.  He'll have Kindig of Oklahoma St...his on-campus buddy when OSU came so close to convincing Jason to go there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.