2014-15 IHSWCA Team State Duals -- Accept/Decline Roster

The following is a list of the 12 teams in each class that have secured a position in next season's IHSWCA Classed Team State Duals.

3A (LARGE)

Penn (Accept)
Ev. Mater Dei (Accept)
Avon (Accept)
Cathedral (Accept)
Warren Central (Accept)
Perry Meridian (Accept)
Carmel (Accept)
FW Carroll (Accept)
Bloomington South (Accept)
Franklin (Accept)
New Palestine (Accept)
Westfield (Accept)

2A (MEDIUM)

Yorktown (Accept)
Ev. Memorial (Accept)
Mt. Vernon (Posey) (Accept)
Bellmont (Accept)
Gibson Southern (Accept)
Southmont (Accept)
Lebanon (Accept)
Leo (Accept)
South Bend St. Joe (Accept)
Franklin County (Accept)
Columbia City (Accept)
Rochester (Accept)

1A (SMALL)

Churubusco (Accept)
Eastside - FW (Accept)
Bremen (Accept)
Tecumseh (Accept)
West Central (Accept)
Monrovia (Accept)
Central Noble (Accept)
Milan (Accept)
Westview (Accept)
Triton Central (Accept)
Prairie Heights (Accept)
Adams Central (Accept)

IHSWCA Classed Team State Duals Selection Committee

Chairman - Tyson Skinner (Madison HS) 

Committee rep - Sam Riesen (Churubusco HS)

Committee rep - Zach Harper (Jeffersonville HS)

Committee rep - Mike Day (Centerville HS) 

Committee rep - Jim Tonte (Perry Meridian HS) 

Committee consultant - Nick Strub (East Central HS) 

Committee consultant - Adrian Troyer 

I still can't quite figure out why region teams don't want to come to this, is there something going on that is better competition? It's gotta be out of state if there is??

It's not "region teams" necessarily...it just so happens that CP decided 2 years ago to skip it because of their tradition of not wrestling over the holidays (not sure yet about this year's decision) and Merrillville doesn't want to come (they've got Al Smith and their big St Louis trip right after the Duals weekend).  I think there are region teams that would love to come, but these two haven't felt compelled just yet.  I'm still hoping CP will decide to come this time.

It's not "region teams" necessarily...it just so happens that CP decided 2 years ago to skip it because of their tradition of not wrestling over the holidays (not sure yet about this year's decision) and Merrillville doesn't want to come (they've got Al Smith and their big St Louis trip right after the Duals weekend).  I think there are region teams that would love to come, but these two haven't felt compelled just yet.  I'm still hoping CP will decide to come this time.

I was not aware of this, very good reasons for not coming just wish we could work it out, but that's the way it goes.

I have received confirmation from several additional schools over the past couple of days.

We now have 6 large schools committed to the 2014-15 event; 9 mid-size schools; and 7 small schools.

Have not heard back yet from:

Large School (3A) - Cathedral, Warren Central, Crown Point or Bloomington South

Mid-Size School (2A) - Southmont

Small School (1A) - Union County, Central Noble and Triton Central

I have attempted to contact all of these schools by way of the most current e-mail information that I have.  Some of these schools may still be making their decision as they technically have until April 1.  If you personally know any of the coaches for the team(s) who have not committed yet, please reach out to them with this information in case they did not get my initial e-mail.

Thank you,

Coach McCormick

Maybe some teams realize that this is not a true Championship?  >:( >:(Some bad politics are being played by the assoc. and it is damaging to our sport.

I am just saying !!!!!!!!!

New Palestine is 5th in the state and received no invitation? Last year 7th in the state and received no invitation.

Why is this ???????

Obviously "Dragon Coach" you are not a true fan of the sport, nor knowledgable about Indiana wrestling (or you have a personal ax to grind with someone).  There was great competition at last year's team state duals event with 24 of the best teams in Indiana in attendance.  If you would attend an IHSWCA meeting, you would see that there aren't politics played at all.  This association works hard to offer opportunities to teams and wrestlers across the entire state.  Two of the 2013-14 Classed Team State Duals team champions finished 2nd and 3rd at the IHSAA post season event.  Many of the other top placing IHSAA teams participated in the IHSWCA duals event.  If you would provide me with your name and e-mail address, we would gladly welcome you on board to assist with this event in some capacity.  In addition to helping out, you could gain a better understanding of how the IHSWCA functions.

Coach McCormick

I am not knowledgeable about Indiana wrestling, WOW that's is great to hear coming from a board member of the same assoc. that we pays dues to.

You could of gave an explanation ! Not attack someone who has a question. I was giving an  opinion and not attacking you directly. I am a member and have a right to voice my concern.

I am not knowledgeable about Indiana wrestling, WOW that's is great to hear coming from a board member of the same assoc. that we pays dues to.

You could of gave an explanation ! Not attack someone who has a question. I was giving an  opinion and not attacking you directly. I am a member and have a right to voice my concern.

Accusations of "bad politics" and "damaging our sport" seem like attacks to me.  Maybe you were called "not knowledgeable" because it was your first post on this message board and about a topic that has been discussed in great detail all post season.

Maybe some teams realize that this is not a true Championship?  >:( >:(Some bad politics are being played by the assoc. and it is damaging to our sport.

New Palestine is 5th in the state and received no invitation? Last year 7th in the state and received no invitation.

Why is this ???????

This is how you voice your concern and try to get rational answers to questions?? I guess I could think of a few other ways to ask a questions without sounding like a bitter, angry coach.  Something like "Just curious as to why New Pal hasnt been invited yet. Can someone explain or post the thread where I can read and understand why this is?  Maybe a time and place I can attend a meeting that I pay dues to? Thanks"  That sounds more diplomatic to me...I am just saying!!!!!!!!

First off not to jump to conclusions on who you may or may not be based on a screen name, I would strongly encourage you to email me at tysongskinner@gmail.com if you have any questions about how our IHSWCA duals work.  This scoring system is at this time the best possible scenario to continue a duals team based championship format with what overall limitations the IHSAA has placed in front of us.

Everyone has a voice in our coaches association but when you begin a statement with accusations and attacks most of the time a answer you might not be fond of will then be presented to you.  It is our nature as human beings to react to our environment.  So when placed in a hostile situation one more times than not will match the level of hostility as a defense mechanism.

So for a fresh start please email me and I will be able to best of my ability answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for your input and concern.

Tyson Skinner

Vice President IHSWCA

Why is this ???????

If I may be blunt, since you are doing the same, hell would freeze over before New Pal would have a legit chance to win either this year or last.

legit shot of winning or not ! Our kids deserve to be there and be recognized for their hard work. And that's why we wrestle the matches, anyone could win on any given day. I never said we would win! But we do deserve to be there!!

Sorry if I ruffled a few feathers, but I will defend the rights of our kids.

legit shot of winning or not ! Our kids deserve to be there and be recognized for their hard work. And that's why we wrestle the matches, anyone could win on any given day. I never said we would win! But we do deserve to be there!!

Sorry if I ruffled a few feathers, but I will defend the rights of our kids.

You should definitely defend your kids--and even give the reasons for why you should be in the event.  Feathers were only ruffled because A) New Pal is in fact one of the teams up for voting for an at-large position in the event when the voting takes place in April (a fact you must not have known) and B) if you had been on this site or the IHSWCA site much at all, you would already know many details about the event--including the fact that New Pal didn't qualify last year because your kids didn't wrestle well enough to score enough points in the state tournament series and therefore didn't EARN its position, and including the fact that it is a duals event that has nothing to do with tournament strength. 

Below is the link to the qualifying procedures, which are based on points earned by your wrestlers, not politics.  And I can say this with confidence since I'm not associated with any particular school and I work as an outside consultant to the IHSWCA:

https://sites.google.com/site/inwrestlingcoaches/resources/teamstateselection

There are several teams that don't stand a chance to win! That's not the point this person is asking questions! New pal should be involved! Thanks for posting the qualifications for people to read! Trent the way you conducted yourself was inappropriate! But I expect that from someone who forfeits against good kids & not speaking of just one incident! This is why people don't want to get involved on the association because it's like a popularity contest!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.