Big 10s

xbrick132

I will be up there helping run the tournament again.

You and I are partnered up again this year.  Hopefully we won't have any trouble finding the men Sunday like we had with McDonough last year!  I'm pumped about it as always!

How expensive are the tickets? Noticed that tickets for the NCAA's are like 300 bucks!

NCAA tickets are less than $200. Many schools still have tickets available.  Plus you can usually scalp them for less if you are good at bargaining.

Tickets for all sessions at the Big 10s is $40

Both are very good prices since you get three days of wrestling at the NCAAs and two days at the Big 10s.

NCAA tickets are less than $200. Many schools still have tickets available.  Plus you can usually scalp them for less if you are good at bargaining.

Tickets for all sessions at the Big 10s is $40

Both are very good prices since you get three days of wrestling at the NCAAs and two days at the Big 10s.

Also when Big Tens was at IU there were discounts for college students. I don't know if that was a local thing or conference deal but I think we got in for 15 bucks.

Hopefully ISWA can plan ahead and not schedule the state tournament the same weekend next year.  I would of loved to take my son to this tournament.  This is what younger wrestlers are working towards and it would be awesome for them to experience this event in the future.

I'm heading up this year. I had to miss last year do to having a total knee replacement 6 days before  :( Should be some great matches for sure. I think 141 will be a war along with 285 :o

Yeah...7 seeds in the top 8 in the nation at 285.  Also, IU's Taylor Walsh is seeded correctly at #6 at 157--and he's also #8 in the nation.  Should be a killer weight with the other 2 mentioned here.

Man, Can't wait to get out of school and head to Madison!!!  Big 10's are going to be sick this year!!! Out of the the 6 returning National Champions, only 2 are pre-seeded number 1!!! The others are pre-seeded at 2, 2, 4, & 5!!!  The depth of the Big 10 this year is crazy, if you have a pulse and love this sport, you should get to Madison!!

Obviously I am rooting for the Gold & Black. Hope to see all the boilermaker wrestlers compete well, especially excited to watch Cashe and Nelsen, I hope both punch their tickets the Big SHOW!!  Good luck to all wrestlers and safe travels to everyone from this board heading up there.

Coach Weimer

Man, Can't wait to get out of school and head to Madison!!!  Big 10's are going to be sick this year!!! Out of the the 6 returning National Champions, only 2 are pre-seeded number 1!!! The others are pre-seeded at 2, 2, 4, & 5!!!  The depth of the Big 10 this year is crazy, if you have a pulse and love this sport, you should get to Madison!!

Obviously I am rooting for the Gold & Black. Hope to see all the boilermaker wrestlers compete well, especially excited to watch Cashe and Nelsen, I hope both punch their tickets the Big SHOW!!  Good luck to all wrestlers and safe travels to everyone from this board heading up there.

Coach Weimer

Try to breath Weimer, breath!

Great tournament overall. But the championship matches at 197 and Heavyweight were boring.  In both cases, the ref decided to swallow his whistle and not call stalling.  It made 197 and Heavyweight boring champ matches.  I hate counter wrestling.  At 197 PSU was much more aggressive.  At HWT the IU wrestler was clearly more aggressive.  Yet at both weights the guy who hardly took a shot won thanks to not calling stalling.  It's weird because most college refs call stalling all the time.

Anyone catch Cael Sanderson saying to the ref during the 197 match, "YOU MAKE OUR SPORT BORING. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A CHEERLEADER.  YOU ARE THE REF.  CALL STALLING AND STOP MAKING OUR SPORT BORING."

Anyone catch Cael Sanderson saying to the ref during the 197 match, "YOU MAKE OUR SPORT BORING. YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A CHEERLEADER.  YOU ARE THE REF.  CALL STALLING AND STOP MAKING OUR SPORT BORING."

Love it!

I could have heard things wrong but it seems like the finals Big 10 attendance of around 10,000 and total was around 30,000. Johnson and Gibbons on the BTN  kept raving about what a great job U of Wisconsin did hosting this. I seem to remember the Indiana State finals drew about 10,000 and total for all sessions was around 30,000.  If that in fact was the case I think the State tourney drew pretty impressive numbers. If I am wrong well then i am wrong.

Great tournament overall. But the championship matches at 197 and Heavyweight were boring.  In both cases, the ref decided to swallow his whistle and not call stalling.  It made 197 and Heavyweight boring champ matches.  I hate counter wrestling.  At 197 PSU was much more aggressive. At HWT the IU  wrestler was clearly more aggressive. Yet at both weights the guy who hardly took a shot won thanks to not calling stalling.  It's weird because most college refs call stalling all the time.

no doubt......the IU HWT was taking the risks and trying to score.....his opponent stalled all the way through and basically did nothing.....i felt a stalling call would have put some excitement into the match......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.