Best wrestler to never make it to State

91-95. Matt Osbourne - Floyd Central.  Freshman year, Lost ticket round to Herb Taylor (Ben Davis) on a questionable call. Herb, Norwood?, was eventual champ that year.  Osbourne was Dqed out of Regionals his sophomore year.( just ask bbb, I'm sure he was a middle schooler watching the match).  Osbourne's replacement that year was Tice (s. Dearborn) placed 5th.  Junior year lost to Rogge (MD) in ticket round.  Senior year....Mia

In same breath I have to give a shout out to the WrestlingGods!  Wiemer your picture should be on the wall!

Zach Adams, Madison, 4x ticket rounder. Lost to Welch (after hitting a headlock and having welch on his back) his jr year and Luke Kriech his sr year.

gotta agree with this one.....he would tear 'em up at folkstyle/freestyle/greco state and then we'd never see him at high school state......i always wondered what happened with him......the kid was tough......

Zach Adams, Madison, 4x ticket rounder. Lost to Welch (after hitting a headlock and having welch on his back) his jr year and Luke Kriech his sr year.

Zach had some tough draws too.  He beat the eventual semi state champion at regionals one year

Teammate Robby Taylor also a 4 time ticket rounder who took 2nd at a tournament the EMD kid took 5th  then EMD kid takes 4th at semi state and Taylor was beat out by VanHook

Noah Schweizer of MD. Stuck behind Johnson, Lee and Pierre his entire career. All three went to state with 2 (Pierre might have?) placing.  He beat Davis at Freshman JV Tournament, Lovejoy and Mantel at ISWA Tournaments. Great wrestler. Would have placed IMO had he attended any other schools where he could crack varsity.  Davis, Mantel and Lovejoy all State placers in their careers.

Zach Henderson - Evansville Mater Dei

Ranked top 5 his senior year, beat Trevor Moody (who got 3rd, and gave McKinley all he wanted at state)

Agree, I for got to mention him earlier. I think Moody finished 6th though. Brian Kuhn and Alex Johns finished 3rd. Who beat Henderson in the ticket round?

Noah Schweizer of MD. Stuck behind Johnson, Lee and Pierre his entire career. All three went to state with 2 (Pierre might have?) placing.  He beat Davis at Freshman JV Tournament, Lovejoy and Mantel at ISWA Tournaments. Great wrestler. Would have placed IMO had he attended any other schools where he could crack varsity.  Davis, Mantel and Lovejoy all State placers in their careers.

I thought about mentioning him, but figured I would get scoffed at for naming a kid who never got to wrestle full time on varsity.  In the non-HS circuit, he has some great wins and wrestled top wrestlers closely.

He beat Forrest Glogouski and Preston Mantel at IWSA just last March.  Lost in the finals to Tommy Cash.

Lost to Trae Blackwell (12-8) at the MD Folkstyle open last year.

Finished 3rd at ISWA Freestyle State in 2012, losing to Ben Harvey in the semis and beating Mantel in the 3rd place match.

Beat Reese Cokeley (who just finished 2nd in the Kansas 6A/5A State Finals), in a folkstyle tournament in 2012

In ISWA Folkstyle State in 2012, he beat SQ Trent Pruitt, Mantel and 5th Placer Samuel Lovejoy to finish in 1st Place

Lost to Nathan Boston at 2011 Team State (the only varsity HS match I can find on trackwrestling) in a 3rd period pin

ISWA Folkstyle State (at 98 pounds) lost to Blake Rypel in the quarterfinals and came back to beat Tom Varner and Ben Harvey on the way back to 3rd place.

Lost to Hunter Fox and Ty Fleener and beat 7th Placer Bailey Schober in the ISWA Pee Wee/Cadet Freestyle State in 2009.

At ISWA SB/Jr Folkstyle State in 2009, beat Skyler Lykins, but lost to Hunter Fox and SQ Zack Krumlauf to finish 3rd.

Obviously he didn't beat everybody, but that's a pretty damned good resume for a kid who never got to wrestle in sectionals!

Austin Pettijohn 2x ticket rounder

Brandon Pettijohn 2x ticket rounder

Calvin Johnson 2x ticket rounder

Cord Dorsey 2x ticket rounder

Calvin Johnson 2x ticket rounder

Danny Copper 3x ticket rounder

Joe Hassman 3 or 4 time ticket rounder

All from Franklin Community

91-95. Matt Osbourne - Floyd Central.  Freshman year, Lost ticket round to Herb Taylor (Ben Davis) on a questionable call. Herb, Norwood?, was eventual champ that year.  Osbourne was Dqed out of Regionals his sophomore year.( just ask bbb, I'm sure he was a middle schooler watching the match).  Osbourne's replacement that year was Tice (s. Dearborn) placed 5th.  Junior year lost to Rogge (MD) in ticket round.  Senior year....Mia

In same breath I have to give a shout out to the WrestlingGods!  Wiemer your picture should be on the wall!

I remember that match i was on Madison team then....he had a good hook!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.