Hard Work to Obtain Success

I saw on another thread that possible 4-time, undefeated high school champion, Chad Red would only earn All-America honors once in his collegiate career. If Red works hard enough, he could be another NCAA Champion for the state of Indiana. A lot of wrestlers have the potential to be All-Americans or National Champions, depending on their decision. In my head, I'd say that if a wrestler's college choice is one where he knows he'll get valuable reps, the coaching matches his style, the environment is intense, and he knows he can work hard there, he'd be able to achieve high honors in wrestling. It's almost unreal to hear how many wrestlers go to IU and Purdue to say that they're D1, but it doesn't work out due to coaching, bad environment, and dislike of the wrestling. Many wrestlers go to Purdue and IU, but only few do well. Take for instance, Josh Farrell. He's a freshman at Purdue, and he's not doing too bad. Farrell has been known to give everything he has, so I can see him becoming an All-American down the road despite Purdue's lackluster program. Seeing posts that some champions now may only become an All-American once or never is just absurd in my eyes. While this holds true for some, I don't think this should hold true for all. Cody LeCount, 2X State Champion, and his opponent, Tommy Forte, soon-to-be 2X State Champion are both Division I prospects. While they may not go to the top schools in the division, they still have legitimate chances of doing big things as they've gone to places where they know they will be successful. Vinny Corsaro, 3X Runner-Up, and Big Wes, State Champion, have the tools to do some damage in the Big Ten. So, for top-tier guys to be doubted and to be given less credit than they deserve doesn't seem fair to me. You don't have to be a 3-4X state champion to be good on the next level. Hard work does it all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.