Indiana Wrestling Trivia

busstogate

As for this thread, why not?  I asked a question in another thread and there was no response, so let my repeating it  be the first of hopefully many more trivia questions to keep us a little occupied in the off-season.

Name a famous older and deceased pro wrestler who is both in the IHSWCA Hall of Fame and is a two-time state champ.  (The wikipedia entry and his Find-A-Grave  have him down as a three-timer, but the IHSAA archives say otherwise.)

A hint?  His oldest son had the same full name and both were popularly remembered as Texans, since our subject and his family moved there after high school at some point. 

Another hint?  He had another son who is considered a pioneer of the "hardcore" pro wrestling style favored by the promotion ECW.

Last hint?  His last name is considered to be a whole "new" style of amateur wrestling here in the US, mainly at the college and high school levels.

That is interesting . I grew up next to Hammond and my parents were from Hammond. I saw MANY pro wrestling matches at the Civic Center yet never new Dory Funk was from Hammond.

That ones news to me too.  After looking it up I found both his sons Dory Jr. and Terry were actually born there, as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.