What schools have never had a state qualifier?

WaltHarris

Haven't followed wrestling very long but from what I've noticed there would have to be a MAJOR SHORTAGE of the above mentioned that come out of the easy schools involved in sectionals that Perry, Cathedral,  and Yorktown have to face to move on!!!! You could even extend this to regionals for Cathedral and Yorktown.  Hmmm I wonder how many state qualifiers these particular schools would have if things were different?    ;D

Hate to burst your bubble but none of those schools feed into Yorktown's sectional or regional

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you trying to say that the deck is stacked against some of these teams as far as sectional alignment goes?

Absolutely! I know from time to time some power shifts but for the most part an average wrestling fan in Indiana knows what schools are known competitors!  These "known" competitors need to be split up some how! In my son's weight class Yorktown had a kid that was a semi state champ and my kid beat him twice this year!!!! Cathedral had a kid make state and my son has beat him 2 years in a row!!!! But at our sectional we have greenfield central, warren, and Franklin central??? All 3 of those schools are at least 3 times the size of the rest of the schools involved. How about sectionals could be a redo of conference??? Then region it out??? All I know is right now PERRY YORKTOWN AND CATHEDRAL HAVE A FREE RIDE!!!!!

Absolutely! I know from time to time some power shifts but for the most part an average wrestling fan in Indiana knows what schools are known competitors!  These "known" competitors need to be split up some how! In my son's weight class Yorktown had a kid that was a semi state champ and my kid beat him twice this year!!!! Cathedral had a kid make state and my son has beat him 2 years in a row!!!!

Well I guess that settles it, because your baby boy beat a couple of kids from powerhouse programs that means everything needs reshuffled

Well I guess that settles it, because your baby boy beat a couple of kids from powerhouse programs that means everything needs reshuffled

why is it fair that Perry Cathedral and Yorktown don't have to wrestle anybody to get to state but Greenfield Central, New Pal, Franklin Central and Warren have a big portion of the competition and have to wrestle each other multiple times to get there?

why is it fair that Perry Cathedral and Yorktown don't have to wrestle anybody to get to state but Greenfield Central, New Pal, Franklin Central and Warren have a big portion of the competition and have to wrestle each other multiple times to get there?

Perry actually has to wrestle Greenfield Central, New Pal, Franklin Central, and Warren in Regionals, Semi-State, and presumably state...

So you've admitted you haven't followed wrestling for long, but that does not excuse your ignorance.  To say Yorktown wrestles nobody on their path to state is laughable and insulting to the teams in their sectional/regional/semi-state.  Their sectional is fairly weak team-wise, but Muncie Central/South, Winchester, and Delta have produced some outstanding individuals in recent years.  Their regional adds Bellmont, one of the most storied programs in the state, as well as the always tough Adams Central, South Adams, and Jay County.  At semi-state East Noble, Carroll, Kokomo, Peru, and Elkhart Memorial are thrown in, along with some teams who are a little down now but have been very tough in years past (Columbia City, FW Snider).  Almost every team is capable of putting out at least one or two very tough individuals, so while looking at the field of teams it doesn't appear to be much, examining the weight classes show there are no easy paths.  While I am specifically talking about Yorktown, I'm sure this holds true for Cathedral and Perry as well.

Responding to the post about Fairmount H.S. and to this topic.  Fairmount feeds into the Madison-Grant School system and yes...they had a qualifier back in 1985, Keith Callahan at 132.  We have had a lot of Semi-State Qualifiers including some state alternates and even Cody LeCount `s dad back in the day.  Good topic.

Cowan High School before they dropped the program.................However, Tony Abbott is the new head coach there and just started the elementary program.  His boys are 8 and 9 so you do the math when Cowan will have their first State qualifiers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.