What schools have never had a state qualifier?

WaltHarris

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel free to correct these, just went over my team list and through TAE's book, so if there was a qualifier in the last 10 years I may have missed it.

Boone Groove

Carroll(Flora)

Crawford County(Young program)

Eastern(Pekin)

Hammond Bishop Noll(???)

Lapel

Mitchell

New Washington

North Judson

Paoli

Park Tudor

River Forest

Salem

South Newton

South Spencer

Switzerland County(Young Program)

Tecumseh

Tri

I think Boone Grove had Rigdon at 189 and River Forest had Salas before he went to Merrillville.  Both in the early 2000's.

Boone grove had pat ridge on in like 2005 and Garrett stemmons in 2003

River forest has Javier salas at 103 in 2003

Hammond noll/bishop noll had Rene Hernandez Doug Robbins Jise paridise Ryan Rivera Steve Chico and Dan Bedoy

I feel like the sport has changed how many teams have had a SQ in the last 10 years?

Here is the list I have:

Attica

Carroll(Flora)

Christian Academy(Young program)

Covington

Frontier

Guerin Catholic

Hebron

Indiana School for the Deaf

Lapel

Mitchell

North Judson

Paoli

Park Tudor

Salem

Tecumseh

Tri

Westview

Wheeler

20 programs

Central Noble has had a solid run the last decade.  Before 2000 they had two.

1.  Rob Frey

2.  Chuck Fleshman

3.  Jared Agler 7th place

4.  Caleb Gaff

5.  Caleb Frey

6.  Tyler Rimmell

I also think I am missing one.  CN had 2 in one year around 2005.

Here is the updated list after some corrections

Attica

Carroll(Flora)

Christian Academy(Young program)

Covington

Frontier

Guerin Catholic

Hebron

Indiana School for the Deaf

Lapel

Mitchell

North Judson

North Putnam

Paoli

Park Tudor

Salem

Tecumseh

Tri

Westview

Wheeler

21 programs

Brebeuf has had place winners... Marlon Stewart was a champ and Greg Niebarger was 3rd or 4th in the early 90s.

Brebeuf had Corey Williams who was a two or three time place place winner and went on to wrestle at UNC Greensboro.  I am sure there are a few others from Brebeuf when the late Dave May was their coach.  I think when Stewart was a senior Brebeuf finished top five or ten in the state.

I feel like the Blind School also had Mike Dixon in the mid to late 80s who qualified for state....or maybe semi-state.  He was inspiring and fun to watch as he rarely ever lost.  He was very quiet, needed to be guided to the center of the mat, and when the whistle blew was a very different person.

Haven't followed wrestling very long but from what I've noticed there would have to be a MAJOR SHORTAGE of the above mentioned that come out of the easy schools involved in sectionals that Perry, Cathedral,  and Yorktown have to face to move on!!!! You could even extend this to regionals for Cathedral and Yorktown.  Hmmm I wonder how many state qualifiers these particular schools would have if things were different?    ;D

Haven't followed wrestling very long but from what I've noticed there would have to be a MAJOR SHORTAGE of the above mentioned that come out of the easy schools involved in sectionals that Perry, Cathedral,  and Yorktown have to face to move on!!!! You could even extend this to regionals for Cathedral and Yorktown.  Hmmm I wonder how many state qualifiers these particular schools would have if things were different?    ;D

are you trying to say that the deck is stacked against some of these teams as far as sectional alignment goes?

are you trying to say that the deck is stacked against some of these teams as far as sectional alignment goes?

Hasn't that always been the case?  Remember all the numerous threads about the "Meat Grinder" regional at Pike/Greenfield Central.  Many called it an IHSAA conspiracy to weed out most of Indianapolis and give some other schools a chance to progress through the tournament. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.