Lets not ruin the gift

Salinas

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read most of this thread...had Mad X explicitly stated that he would not attend a classed individual tournament?  If so, I don't remember reading that...seems like he is insinuating it, but hasn't come out and said, "I will not attend a classed individual state tournament." 

if you change it i might just watch the webcast from home unless i had someone to actually support

Right here is his threat.  It is just too much, we need to save classless wrestling because we cannot do without this guy's fandom. Without it the sport will die.  Please just say no to class wrestling for this reason. We don't need stats on attendance or qualifiers by school size, we just need this one person at the state finals.

If you are a small school and not competitive, please just drop the sport as you aren't doing any favors to the sport by having a team.

Right here is his threat.  It is just too much, we need to save classless wrestling because we cannot do without this guy's fandom. Without it the sport will die.  Please just say no to class wrestling for this reason. We don't need stats on attendance or qualifiers by school size, we just need this one person at the state finals.

If you are a small school and not competitive, please just drop the sport as you aren't doing any favors to the sport by having a team.

what does indiana wrestling and Y2 have in common  both extremely classless

Over 82,000 thru the gate at the ohio state tourney this weekend. Watered down class wrestling is the death knell for our sport. Ruined I tell you...

Three days of useless wrestlebacks.

Over 82,000 thru the gate at the ohio state tourney this weekend. Watered down class wrestling is the death knell for our sport. Ruined I tell you...

Ruin the GIFT for numbers in attendance? I don't think you mean that. Did all of you go back and read the original post?

Read it one more time.

kind of a high number considering the arena the state finals is held in has a capacity of less than 20,000

If single class and no wrestlebacks are considered a gift, what would punishment be like?

Yes, over 82,000 thru the gate over a three day, four session tourney.  Reading and comprehension are fundamental.  Over 11,000 for the first session Thursday afternoon. More than indiana Saturday night finals.

If single class and no wrestlebacks are considered a gift, what would punishment be like?

Yes, over 82,000 thru the gate over a three day, four session tourney.  Reading and comprehension are fundamental.  Over 11,000 for the first session Thursday afternoon. More than indiana Saturday night finals.

punishment would be having no state champions  only division champions  since they have three times the wrestlers shouldnt they have three times the attendance???

we already have 14 weight classes and 50 states to separate wrestling  why do we then need to divide it into divisions     

so we can hand out more medals?  so we can insure the best dont wrestle the best? 

i would be pretty upset as a small school having to listen to this crap because you are essentially telling them they arent every going to be good enough to do anything unless they are in classes where they will only see other small schools

i didnt say they were  i said i would be    i wrestled at madison  not exactly a large school      and school size doesnt really represent how well the numbers are for the team      there are large schools that cant field a full team and small schools that can

im still waiting on y2 to show the state qualifiers by actual enrollment    it must not have come out the way he thought it would

This time of year is always hard on me. Wrestling is done, nothing good to talk about. And the only real action on the board is the endless debate of participation ribbons and one weight class.  :'( :'(

Have good summer all!

the whole state should give up if the biggest mouth of the class supporters is giving up

You are probably the smartest person here, I never knew such intelligence could come from Madison.  It is amazing your usage of numbers and how you alone not going to the event will make it a poor choice to have it. 

Will you be at this year's IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open or should I just cancel it? I certainly want your blessing for an event to take place because of your immense wisdom and knowledge.

You are probably the smartest person here, I never knew such intelligence could come from Madison.  It is amazing your usage of numbers and how you alone not going to the event will make it a poor choice to have it. 

Will you be at this year's IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open or should I just cancel it? I certainly want your blessing for an event to take place because of your immense wisdom and knowledge.

i love all your posts like this    you get to show everyone how big of a baby you are and i get to laugh about it with my friends

i love all your posts like this    you get to show everyone how big of a baby you are and i get to laugh about it with my friends

You are so intelligent and your attendance at an event is obviously vital or you wouldn't have mentioned boycotting a classed state tournament.  You are wrestling in this world and if you aren't in attendance at an event it doesn't exist in my mind.

Is it too late to change spring clinic to mad max. I need to learn how to make the the 1A school

compete with the 3A. Probably need a lot of Q &A. Or maybe he should just come to all our schools and evaluate then give us a report card.

P.S. When I watch Iowa state finals it's been split screen.

you are all missing it  not the big or little picture  your missing the picture all together

its an individual tournament.  there is no big school vs little school  there is only one guy wearing a red ankle band vs another guy wearing a green ankle band      i beat guys from bigger schools and lost to guys from smaller schools    its two people and one gets their hand raised      i never was able to lean on someone when i gassed out in the third  and i never got taken down by my opponents teammate

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.