HUDKINS

Hudkins

I am Brock Hudkins' mom and I want to start by saying that I believe it is pretty sad, especially this year it seems, that people like myself feel that they have to create an account to defend their wrestler.  I would like to let everyone know that Brock was fine and made weight without any issues on Friday night and had eaten lunch earlier that day. with that being said he is also known for getting really bad migraines.  He was fine at lunch time just a little of an upset stomach thinking it was nerves didn't say anything.  He then got a lot worse once he arrived at Bankers Life, and his coach had him looked at.  The doctor there at Bankers Life would not allow him to compete and recommended us taking him to the hospital to have him looked at, as he was becoming weaker by the minute.  Once we arrived at the ER we found out that he was dehydrated due to having the stomach flu (not nerves as he had thought) and the migraine.  They gave him IV fluids and meds to help calm his stomach, the migraine, and bring his bp back down to normal.  I am amazed at how people will assume some things with no knowledge or continue to make accusations even after it was stated that he made weight and was rushed to the hospital.  If Brock would have had his choice he would have been there at Bankers Life with all of his friends competing for what he has worked so hard for all season.  These boys are friends off the mat and do care about each other, they read these posts and some adults should think before they type.  Brock is doing much better and will be back next year with his friends competing.  Good Luck to all the boys who work so hard all year to get 6 minutes under the lights.

thanks,

Lisa

I am Brock Hudkins' mom and I want to start by saying that I believe it is pretty sad, especially this year it seems, that people like myself feel that they have to create an account to defend their wrestler.  I would like to let everyone know that Brock was fine and made weight without any issues on Friday night and had eaten lunch earlier that day. with that being said he is also known for getting really bad migraines.  He was fine at lunch time just a little of an upset stomach thinking it was nerves didn't say anything.  He then got a lot worse once he arrived at Bankers Life, and his coach had him looked at.  The doctor there at Bankers Life would not allow him to compete and recommended us taking him to the hospital to have him looked at, as he was becoming weaker by the minute.  Once we arrived at the ER we found out that he was dehydrated due to having the stomach flu (not nerves as he had thought) and the migraine.  They gave him IV fluids and meds to help calm his stomach, the migraine, and bring his bp back down to normal.  I am amazed at how people will assume some things with no knowledge or continue to make accusations even after it was stated that he made weight and was rushed to the hospital.  If Brock would have had his choice he would have been there at Bankers Life with all of his friends competing for what he has worked so hard for all season.  These boys are friends off the mat and do care about each other, they read these posts and some adults should think before they type.  Brock is doing much better and will be back next year with his friends competing.  Good Luck to all the boys who work so hard all year to get 6 minutes under the lights.

thanks,

Lisa

Glad he is doing better. Look forward to watching him next year. 

Very sorry to hear. My younger son also suffers migraines and has had to withdraw as a result in the past. We were very disappointed when we didn't see him for his first match. I know what kind of competitor he is so I'm sure he's still very upset. Please pass on our best wishes and good luck.

Mike, Jason and Cody Crary

Hey at least the kid from Hobart got to place at state. I was told he didn't even qualify... There's a trivia question for ya! Who is the first person to ever place at the state tournament to never qualify..? Unfortunate for Brock, but I'm sure he will make some noise next year. Keep your head up kid

thanks,

Lisa

Lisa,  I would like to apologize for being one of those people that used him in an example, even though I tried to disclaimer by using the terms that I hate using hear say.  This is a perfect example of why I hate to do that, because a lot of times it is not true information.  There was no negative intentions meant toward him or your family in my post in anyway.  Once again I want to apologize for my post where I used his case (sadly a wrong version) to help support my statement.

My wife suffurs from migraine and it is horrible. Can't image someone being physical or even being around lights and sounds. You have one tough kid and he will bounce back well. Good luck Hudkins

I'm sure its got nothing to do with you and Tyler? Lol  I am going to miss seeing your son. Our 2 boys battled it out once 7 years ago (Perry Meridian days!) and remained friends. I was great to see those 2 down on Bankers floor still talking after all these year. Tyler is a fantastic kid and I always enjoyed talking to him. Congrats to you and your wife...and Tyler for a great career and great year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.