RUBERG!!!!

bigmak

I'm a believer in this freshman phenom now. He was unranked all year, even in semi state, until towards the end of the season when his unblemished record couldnt go unnoticed any longer. at sectionals and regionals. I would like to point out that not only did this kid only have 2 losses all year and break 40 wins, his two losses were 1 point loss to STATE CHAMP TOMMY CASH at semi-state and his other loss was opening round to STATE RUNNER UP JACOB COVACIU. Honestly, he was probably tommys toughest opponent through the whole state series when you look at the other scores. Keep this kid on the radar.

i totally agree with you Ruberg was a good wrestler. i was lucky to watch him at the new castle semi state and it was a delight.

Ruberg might have even been up on Covaciu in the match when he made a freshman mistake. He let up on defense for a split second and got caught and cradled. Learning experience but it will make him better. Had he won that match, who knows, we could have been talking about the freshman state champ that came out of nowhere right now.

Ruberg might have even been up on Covaciu in the match when he made a freshman mistake. He let up on defense for a split second and got caught and cradled. Learning experience but it will make him better. Had he won that match, who knows, we could have been talking about the freshman state champ that came out of nowhere right now.

No he was never winning in that match, unless Covaciu had let him up to make it 1-0 before he took him down and cradled him in the second. I didn't think that was a good matchup for Jake and a Tommy Cash matchup I don't think goes well for him either. But a nice year for the freshman, a lose to a finalist is nothing to be ashamed of.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.