Let it begin, Chad Red vs Nick Lee

Jayruss

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how you can compare these 2? Nick has INTERNATIONAL accomplishments and personally I think if it was at an open tourney with no pressure, nick would beat micic. Red cannot compare to Lee at all and Joe Lee, the incoming frosh, would beat him also.

WOW you can hit some people in the head with a pipe and they still just don't get it. Lee didn't lose a close one and he was never close to scoring, so what in the world makes you think he beats Micic at this point anywhere? He's a great wrestler but he's just not on the same level as Micic, it's just that simple, get over it. I would agree though the other wrestler doesn't belong in the conversation.

I'm not sure how you can compare these 2? Nick has INTERNATIONAL accomplishments and personally I think if it was at an open tourney with no pressure, nick would beat micic. Red cannot compare to Lee at all and Joe Lee, the incoming frosh, would beat him also.

Either you missed the semi-final match between these two, or you are just slow.  This match wasn't remotely close. Micic better in every aspect. Micic beats him at any open tournament, state tournament, national tournament. I don't have a dog in this fight, but did watch the match subjectively. Micic on another level than the rest right now.

Not saying Red would win, but it seems that Red is the most underrated 2 x state champ I can remember. Undefeated two years in a row and people treat him like a "white" headed stepchild.  Like I said not saying Red would beat Lee, but Red has not been given any respect for what he has accomplished.

Lee doesn't touch Micic for a few more years.

WOW you can hit some people in the head with a pipe and they still just don't get it. Lee didn't lose a close one and he was never close to scoring, so what in the world makes you think he beats Micic at this point anywhere? He's a great wrestler but he's just not on the same level as Micic, it's just that simple, get over it. I would agree though the other wrestler doesn't belong in the conversation.

I'm sure you meant he isn't on the same level currently.  Obviously it we don't know and it's just a fun discussion, Micic is really impressive.  That being said, I think Senior year Lee beats Senior year Micic. 

I agree with your comments 100%. I saw every match Lee wrestled this year, and he dominated everyone except Micic.

+1.......and then some more!

Micic to MCKAJC: Sir could you please remove your head from my jock now? It's quite crowded in there and I could really use the space, thanks.

give it a rest.

Not saying Red would win, but it seems that Red is the most underrated 2 x state champ I can remember. Undefeated two years in a row and people treat him like a "white" headed stepchild.  Like I said not saying Red would beat Lee, but Red has not been given any respect for what he has accomplished.

Lee doesn't touch Micic for a few more years.

You are not remembering Josh Harper then. Harper was always beaten up in the online polls of fantasy match-ups.

Micic to MCKAJC: Sir could you please remove your head from my jock now? It's quite crowded in there and I could really use the space, thanks.

Lee to his fans: please stop talking me up and making yourselves look foolish, allow me to wrestle and prove myself before anointing me the next coming of Christ.

This is all ridiculous and should stop.  Micic was phenomenal last weekend.  Nick couldn't beat him then and who knows in the future.  I'm sure Nick will improve tremendously over the next three years but we will never see the senior Lee vs. the senior Micic.  If Red vs. Lee happens next year that would be great again, but until then give it a rest. 

Someone seems to be having trouble with reality ah hahahahahaha.. Me, Stevan and his Dad got a big clown like laugh at you, not with you, AT YOU.  ;D ;D thanks. If your a Lee fan his association with you does him no favor. I certainly don't mean to make that association myself of a jagaloon and the Lee camp. In my conversation with Stevan he had nothing but good things to say about Nick Lee the wrestler.

IMO all this talk about Lee is because he is non stop offense.  Doesnt matter who he wrestles.  Im sure he could have wrestled a 3-2 match with Micic if he would have wrestled a different type of match but he just keeps coming and Micic was too much for him.  People love this style of wrestling so he has a ton of fans. 

Will Lee beat Micic?  Well we know that answer.  Will Lee beat Red?  I hope we find out.

IMO all this talk about Lee is because he is non stop offense.  Doesnt matter who he wrestles.  Im sure he could have wrestled a 3-2 match with Micic if he would have wrestled a different type of match but he just keeps coming and Micic was too much for him.  People love this style of wrestling so he has a ton of fans. 

Will Lee beat Micic?  Well we know that answer.  Will Lee beat Red?  I hope we find out.

+1 I agree.  I hope we do find out next year.  I think that match will live up to the hype more so than the Micic vs Lee match. 

This is probably one of the best topics to debate right now. I don't have a dog in this fight so my opinion is based soley on what I have seen this year and previous years. I think we currently have a 4 class system right now (around these weights).

Class A = Micic (no one even close to him, he has proved it...pressure or no pressure??? really?)

Class B = Lee (no one close to him, Micic way above him, everyone else way below him)

Class C = Red and and a few others (like Early and Davis)

Class D = the rest of the field....

After watching Lee destroy everyone except Micic and the way he did it.... I may be wrong but I think Lee will end his Indiana High School career with only 1 loss (Saturday to Micic) even if he wrestled Red 10 a year for the next two years (assuming he stays in Indiana, lets hope). We can only hope that us as fans can be blessed with a Lee vs. Red match up next year.

Just by looking at them.  Nick will be much, much bigger.  I say Nick is wrestling 160 by the time he is a Senior.

I agree Nick Lee frame looks like he's ready to be a big kid. The style he wrestles IMO will make him even more dangerous at the heavier weight.

Someone seems to be having trouble with reality ah hahahahahaha.. Me, Stevan and his Dad got a big clown like laugh at you, not with you, AT YOU.  ;D ;D thanks. If your a Lee fan his association with you does him no favor. I certainly don't mean to make that association myself of a jagaloon and the Lee camp. In my conversation with Stevan he had nothing but good things to say about Nick Lee the wrestler.

My head hasn't been up anyones rear all season, I'm just saying yours seems awfull close I'm sure Stevan has had nice things to say about Lee all season, he seems to be an upstanding young man. we've all watched him through the years and I don't think you'd find anyone that could say anything bad about him from where we (the wrestling comunity) stand. I'd venture to say someone put their foot in their mouths saying that Nick could beat Stevan in an open tournament, I'd say the next shot we'll see at that would be college if both stay healthy, my point is this you have been all over Micic like "Mr. happypantz" and Wes English or "thestick" and one of the Welch guys from Castle some things are better left unsaid on both ends. I love indiana wrestling I love Mater Dei wrestling, and I think anyone able to step on a mat and go toe to toe with a guy to see who's best is pretty darn good, to be a 3x state champ is awesome Nick looks to be traveling down the same road Sevan did (we/I hope) both seem like good kids both are very talented, I probably shouldn't have gone that far as to call you a jock dweller so I appologize for that I just hope I got the point accrosed have a good day.

My head hasn't been up anyones rear all season, I'm just saying yours seems awfull close I'm sure Stevan has had nice things to say about Lee all season my point is this you have been all over Micic like "Mr. happypantz" and Wes English or "thestick" and one of the Welch guys from Castle some things are better left unsaid on both ends. I probably shouldn't have gone that far as to call you a jock dweller so I appologize for that I just hope I got the point accrosed have a good day.

Micic's are very good friends of ours and it seems only now that most are truly understanding that he is simply just on another level right now. This is something I've understood and pointed out for quite sometime, and I'm sue that point has been clearly made. If this make's it look from anyone's perspective like "my head is up his rear" well, that really doesn't concern me in the least. You are more than entitled to your opinion and I take no offence, really. I understand the emotion. You have a good day as well.  :)

I don't know Red. Yet he pinned his way through the field this weekend (Dominating performance). Someone said that over 80 of his 90 wins have been by pin. Can someone confirm this or is it just talk?

Probably just talk, first he didn't pin his way through the field and he probably has at least 15 tech falls.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.