Blake Rypel

frigginhurts

saw where he got first in the INDY Nationals...talk about staying at it.  finishes 2nd in state and turns around and wrestles a tournament the next day.  Great Job.

I saw that too and was thinking the same thing.

Congrats to Blake on a great season. He will be fun to watch the next two years.

What does that have to do with anything..? The point is that he's not burnt out after a long hard season, and wants to improve to be at the top of the podium next year. Moron

I do believe that when snoopy said "Lol  Nothing wrong just a fact." he was insinuating that he didn't mean it as an insult to Blake. I may be mistaken, but I believe someone may be owed an apology from you.

Nutter: lol means that I was laughing about getting my kids home after 2am. It is called sarcasm. After a very expensive weekend and no sleep it was not going to be a positive experience. They will be wrestling next weekend. It really had nothing too.do with the Blake

. Please let it drop and be happy for the Rypel.

The moron

it's not a 2.5 drive home for anyone that wrestled this weekend at state then decided to do the nationals.  everyone had the same opportunity but as far as i can tell, only Rypel did it.

This guy has ZERO logic.  Snoopy is saying they live elsewhere, and its expensive to stay an extra night, pay for food & entry on top of that when you live elsewhere.  Have you missed the fact that Rypel goes to Cathedral? He has slept in his own bed all weekend.  No hotel fees, etc.  It does make it just a tad more convenient on local families trying to do this...just sayin. The word TAD was sarcasm.  All of that said, that is awesome he competed Sunday regardless.  Congrats on a good weekend to this young man.

We have supported Indy Nationals through the good and bad since the first one.  Blake was thrilled to see them add a high school division this year and although he was exhausted, he would not have missed it.  Thank you for all the kinds words about Blake.  He is already looking forward to next season.

Blake was one of the only guys who really let it rip Saturday night.  He may have not made

some of the best choices during his finals match.  But at least he went out and wrestled.

Major props to Blake!

This guy has ZERO logic.  Snoopy is saying they live elsewhere, and its expensive to stay an extra night, pay for food & entry on top of that when you live elsewhere.  Have you missed the fact that Rypel goes to Cathedral? He has slept in his own bed all weekend.  No hotel fees, etc.  It does make it just a tad more convenient on local families trying to do this...just sayin. The word TAD was sarcasm.  All of that said, that is awesome he competed Sunday regardless.  Congrats on a good weekend to this young man.

its perfect logic...my guess is a lot of guys stayed Saturday night - how do i know? because I saw them at our hotel.  I'm sure there were several parents that stayed saturday night too.  So I think he does deserve a TON of credit for wrestling on Sunday.  And don't give me this paying for food and entry, its no different than traveling anywhere and having food and entry.  NO EXCUSES, this guy flat out wants to work his tail off and win it all next year.

its perfect logic...my guess is a lot of guys stayed Saturday night - how do i know? because I saw them at our hotel.  I'm sure there were several parents that stayed saturday night too.  So I think he does deserve a TON of credit for wrestling on Sunday.  And don't give me this paying for food and entry, its no different than traveling anywhere and having food and entry.  NO EXCUSES, this guy flat out wants to work his tail off and win it all next year.

I guess this homemade national tournament is the only one that was suppose to matter to all the great wrestlers in the state.

Yeah I think the criticsm is ridiculous. Maybe just the crankiness of a long weekend and the boredom.

just to clarify - i am not criticizing the others that didn't wrestle in it but I was praising this young man for doing it.  I don't blame others for not wanting to wrestle the day after state but I think Rypel deserves some credit for doing it.

just to clarify - i am not criticizing the others that didn't wrestle in it but I was praising this young man for doing it.  I don't blame others for not wanting to wrestle the day after state but I think Rypel deserves some credit for doing it.

I think people forget he made weight three days in a row!

I think people forget he made weight three days in a row!

He has barely topped 180 all season so that was fortunately not an issue.  I think he said he was 181.2 after breakfast Sunday with singlet and shoes on (Indy Nat weigh in process).

Awesome weekend for what sounds to be a great kid. My comment was certainly not intended to take ANYTHING away from Blake's fantastic weekend.  I wish him the best of luck throughout his career, and do find it amazing regardless of where he lives that he wrestled Sunday at all...let alone finish 2nd.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.