Praise for the refereeing in the championship matches...

ENoblewrestling

Judging by the message board, and the boos at the field house I have a feeling I am in the minority here, but does anyone else feel that the refs did a pretty solid job in the finals?  I really did see any calls that were obviously wrong.  It seemed like anytime anyone had a leg and went out of bounds the crowd was yelling for two and booing the call,  every stalemate got a similar reaction from the crowd. I felt the refs were correct on almost all of the calls made or not made in the finals, I have definitely seen worse nights at the state finals than what we saw on Saturday.  I think they did a hell of a job given how close and back and forth a lot of the matches were.  Honestly what matches/ situations were there that were obviously wrong?

Overall they did a great job. There are always gonna be calls that are questioned, but it is nearly impossible to make 100% correct calls in this sport. It would be nice if there could be more consistency throughout the state with the officials. This is especially true when making reversal calls and stalling. Some refs will give a reversal when the ankle is hooked even if the other wrestler has a leg. Some will end up calling a stalemate. Anyone know the rule on that?

Judging by the message board, and the boos at the field house I have a feeling I am in the minority here, but does anyone else feel that the refs did a pretty solid job in the finals?  I really did see any calls that were obviously wrong.  It seemed like anytime anyone had a leg and went out of bounds the crowd was yelling for two and booing the call,  every stalemate got a similar reaction from the crowd. I felt the refs were correct on almost all of the calls made or not made in the finals, I have definitely seen worse nights at the state finals than what we saw on Saturday.  I think they did a hell of a job given how close and back and forth a lot of the matches were.  Honestly what matches/ situations were there that were obviously wrong?

i think one important call was missed in my opinion in the finals, maybe a couple more not so important.  Either way you slice it, it was some of the better officiating I have seen in a while.

on a different note...still the toughest call in the world is stalling and that can be debated for days or weeks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.