A classy move at 120

ontherise219

Yep..Thats the way it went down. Bailey told him he didn't feel right to go out and get his hand raised like that but Brendan talked him into it. They done knew that lahue was going to inj default to black because of his knee. You just don't see that kind of stuff happening. I was going to bring it up. Black didn't want no praise or thanks from it he just felt it was the right thing to do. A class act right there..

I hope that this is what we take away from Brendan Blacks season not some of the other stuff that happened on the message board as well as the getting in as an alternate, and a first rnd fft. I think we all saw how good Forrest was this weekend so no shame in losing to him..and he got drilled in the same headlock that Sinko did..Spladles and Headlocks Mater Dei kids can always put you on your back..But after all of the nonsense and what not it comes down to a kid being a sportsman and that is what Hobart kids do..They do it the right way. I think a lot of people have learned some lessons and are going to be better for it. Hobart has a bright future..If we could just get Covaciu to move back..ooh man! haha! Good job BB..good wrestler better kid.

I hope that this is what we take away from Brendan Blacks season not some of the other stuff that happened on the message board as well as the getting in as an alternate, and a first rnd fft. I think we all saw how good Forrest was this weekend so no shame in losing to him..and he got drilled in the same headlock that Sinko did..Spladles and Headlocks Mater Dei kids can always put you on your back..But after all of the nonsense and what not it comes down to a kid being a sportsman and that is what Hobart kids do..They do it the right way. I think a lot of people have learned some lessons and are going to be better for it. Hobart has a bright future..If we could just get Covaciu to move back..ooh man! haha! Good job BB..good wrestler better kid.

+1

In the 7th and 8th place match Brenden Black Hobart have the inj def to Bailey Lahue who had injuried his knee. I heard from a reliable source that it was Blacks call and he felt Bailey was more deserving of the 7th. Very Classy move kid

True story. I talked to Brenden between the two sessions on Sat and he told me this was his choice he didn't seem happy about it but he knew it was the right thing to do. One of the really good stories from a great weekend. I'm sure he isn't feeling good about the weekend, but in retrospect he'll be proud of the character move. Hold your head high Brenden!!

The future obviously holds great things for this kid! First, and most important in my opinion, he had the class to come up with the idea and the guts to actually go through with it. That kind of maturity as a freshman is outstanding. Second, 8th place as a freshman is a great achievement! I'm looking forward to watching this young man over the next few years.

very cool story... if the kid never made it to the mat at state again what he did is as worthy of the respect and pride of the wrestling community as winning the title.

I don't know this young man but I would hope my own son would have the courage to do the same.

class act for sure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.