145 question

rey mysterio

I'm just curious about something. Why did forte and lecount stay in the same weight class? I mean I'm all for the competition. Maybe they just wanted to beat the best and I am totally for that. I prefer it that way myself, but if not for that reason I just think either one would have won it at 138 or 152. No offense to anyone in these weight classes. Maybe I'm wrong too maybe they wouldn't have. Just curious what anyone else thinks

Both already having won a state title and having signed to a college program probably helped influence their decision to just stay in this weight class and have a tough but fun battle for the state title.

I'm fine with that, but I don't feel like they left it all on the mat. I was hoping for something like the first match.

Not to mention they had talented teammates around the nearby weights (Perry - Johnson & Thomas, Mish - Macri).  Since they would have a great shot at making the finals at any nearby weights, a small part of it have also have been to allow their teammates and their team a better opportunity to be successful.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.