IndyStar State Preview Article

MattM

Although general articles usually end up in the news article board, since this one being relevant to the upcoming weekend individual championship and team race I figured it was worth adding it to the main discussion board.  Obviously, its going to side slightly with the local Indy area schools.

http://archive.indystar.com/article/20140220/SPORTS02/302200013/State-wrestling-Cathedral-could-challenge-Perry-Meridian-Franklin

I sure wish they had wrestling in the newspapers up north every weekend it was mainly bowling and basketball and once in awhile oh hey theres Gelen haha

You have to read past page 1 of the paper, in the past week they've had a nice write-up about Gelen and Tristan Dembowski.  Prior to that they had a long write-up about Tolin, and have done a decent job of covering all of the regionals, and the semi-state.  Let's just be fair to the paper, wrestling is not a glamorous sport to the masses.

Just remembered they had a lengthy write-up about Yanez prior to the regional.  I'd say that's pretty good coverage.

Might want to branch out from the delivered Hobart Sentinel and check the interwebs! Both the Times and Post Trib of NW IN have had weekly articles since November and several this week! Just because it isn't about an impending "Blackout" doesn't mean there isn't articles out there...provided the Internet has come to Hobart.

but thats just tournament time though

They covered the Triicoff, The Harvest Classic, the Lake County Tournament, several Illinois tournaments, and the two local conference tournaments.  Are you looking for them to cover a dual?  The paper does a good job of covering a sport that only a small few are passionate about. 

I mean i would love to read a article of interviews of gelen and stephen every weekend because those guys are so determined and are so very humble about everything and this past weekend they gave gelen a good one but i would have liked that every weekend put a nice smile on my face in the morning with a nice cup of coffee

Might want to branch out from the delivered Hobart Sentinel and check the interwebs! Both the Times and Post Trib of NW IN have had weekly articles since November and several this week! Just because it isn't about an impending "Blackout" doesn't mean there isn't articles out there...provided the Internet has come to Hobart.

They did have a brenden black article after the harvest. Remember like 98-99 when they would have a time out for wrestling section in the times with a full page. Those were awesome.

:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.