More impressive freshman campaign, Lee or J. Tsirtsis?

PoTweet

Nick Lee could easily have jumped to 132 and won a state title but instead stayed at 126 to take on the greatest wrestler in Indiana at this current time. I call Nick Lee pretty darn great for that fact alone .

Easily?  Come on now!  Wilson and James are not slouches. If he did in fact stay at 126 for the expressed purpose of wrestling Stevan that is awesome - no matter what the outcome.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember after Tsirtsis beat Cashe, Cashe went on to win Jr. at Fargo that year in a very tough wt and second at Senior Nationals losing to I think Colon.  Tsirtsis loss to Napules is hard one to explain as he beat him pretty good the other two or three times that year.  I think Napules got a questionable reversal at the buzzer.  Not sure why he tried to ride him he was taking him down so easy in his other matches.  Lee has not wrestled anybody besides Davis.  Tsirtsis freshman year was much more impressive even with the loss to Napules.  Now if Lee beats Micic maybe it is different. 

Lee could be the greatest to ever come through Indiana..... That is if he is even at MD next year.... I was at Eville semi state and I think anybody that was their knows what im talking about...  :o :o :o

I was at the Evansville Semi-State and have no idea what you are talking about.  I've seen every match Nick has wrestled this year and have no clue what you are talking about.  Enlighten us please.

Lee doesn't have to win to be considered the best frosh ever in Indiana history. Losing to Micic doesn't knock him out of the discussion, Micic is ranked #1 in the country! I think frosh T-shirts would def lose to Sr Micic. Jason never dominated competition like Lee has, not even as a sophomore in high school.

Easily?  Come on now!  Wilson and James are not slouches. If he did in fact stay at 126 for the expressed purpose of wrestling Stevan that is awesome - no matter what the outcome.

Wilson started at 126 and saw Lee wrestle at team state and the very next week bumped to 132. Case closed.

I was at the Evansville Semi-State and have no idea what you are talking about.  I've seen every match Nick has wrestled this year and have no clue what you are talking about.  Enlighten us please.

I spotted a Blair academy coach watching every one of lee's matchs. Also from what I hear he wrestling with a New Jersey team at some nationals. Don't know if any of this will happen but Bobby Stevenson is at now a stud at Apple Vally.

I spotted a Blair academy coach watching every one of lee's matchs. Also from what I hear he wrestling with a New Jersey team at some nationals. Don't know if any of this will happen but Bobby Stevenson is at now a stud at Apple Vally.

Joe Lee was wrestling for some team in New Jersey this past weekend. Flo Willie was commenting about it on Twitter earlier this week.

Lee doesn't have to win to be considered the best frosh ever in Indiana history. Losing to Micic doesn't knock him out of the discussion, Micic is ranked #1 in the country! I think frosh T-shirts would def lose to Sr Micic. Jason never dominated competition like Lee has, not even as a sophomore in high school.

Wait, What?  ::) your silly

Lil biased, are we?

My point is JT as a freshman wrestled several ranked jr and sr multiple times that year. Lee has wrestled 1. So to make a comparison based on domination seems silly IMO. I'd rather use those facts instead of opinion to compare and draw a conclusion. It's really not that hard to eliminate bias when you have fact. But yes, I would say I am very biased. But my bias doesn't change the fact that JT faced much tougher opponents as a freshman.

My point is JT as a freshman wrestled several ranked jr and sr multiple times that year. Lee has wrestled 1. So to make a comparison based on domination seems silly IMO. I'd rather use facts to draw a conclusion. It's really not that hard to eliminate bias when you have fact.

But the fact is, as Y2 stated, TO THIS POINT Lee has had a more impressive freshman campaign (dominated everyone put in front of him including state runner up and KY kid) and no losses. Again, Tsirtsis had losses at this point, most notably a loss to Napules.

But the fact is, as Y2 stated, TO THIS POINT Lee has had a more impressive freshman campaign (dominated everyone put in front of him including state runner up and KY kid) and no losses. Again, Tsirtsis had losses at this point, most notably a loss to Napules.

How many ranked wrestlers has Lee faced? 1 would be the answer. Napules was ranked that year as well. So you seem to chose not to consider the caliber of competition as part of the equation. This will all be moot by late sat afternoon  ;D

How many ranked wrestlers has Lee faced? 1 would be the answer. Napules was ranked that year as well. So you seem to chose not to consider the caliber of competition as part of the equation. This will all be moot by late sat afternoon  ;D

How many matches have you watched Lee wrestle this year?

My point is JT as a freshman wrestled several ranked jr and sr multiple times that year. Lee has wrestled 1. So to make a comparison based on domination seems silly IMO. I'd rather use those facts instead of opinion to compare and draw a conclusion. It's really not that hard to eliminate bias when you have fact. But yes, I would say I am very biased. But my bias doesn't change the fact that JT faced much tougher opponents as a freshman.

You are way too biased to have a debate with! Agree to disagree.

Good luck to your son this weekend...heard he is tough and I am looking forward to watching him.

As far as Lee wrestling Blackwell as many of us were hoping to see including some of the Union County fans who were especially surprised by bumping blackwell up. Was told by a very reliable person from the Ky corn field that he was bumped to avoid the possible loss and looking bad as he Blackwell had already committed to Oklahoma. So Robbie Dezember became the sacrifical lamb twice.

So how can Lee wrestle highly ranked competition when they avoid him? If you watched Lee wrestle this year IMO he actually took it easy on Davis.

one is not the answer.

Robbie Dezember would be ranked in Indiana.  Probably top 10..maybe top 15 at worst.  Lee smoked him 2 or 3 times.  Dezember is 39-6 wrestling Union County's tough schedule.  He is a two time runner up at the Mater Dei Classic. 

so Davis isnt the only good wrestler Lee has wrestled. 

He wrestle's Blake Jourdan, Wyatt Seng, Josh Pierre, everyday in practice too!

jason did dominate like 90 percent of his matches his freshmen year the other 10 percent were studs studs that nick lee has not wrestled lee has wrestled one stud so far and he did beat him pretty good and it will be a good match saturday afternoon in the semi finals i will be watching it

I am not going to lie. I was so incredibly shocked that this is even a conversation that I found myself creating an account just so I could comment. Comparing Lee, at the present moment, to any other wrestlers freshman year when that other freshman has already completed their high school wrestling career is just ridiculous. I understand we lik to humor eachother and keep topics interesting but, and god forbid this happens, but what if Lee or Micic didn't even make it to the field house? Hit a patch of black ice on the way or what if one comes down w mono or what if one is hurt in practice this week etc. I in no way hope this happens and am looking forward to hearing this debate after this weekend but to compare who's had "the best freshman year to this point" is just silly in my opinion cuz who cares what uve done leading up to state, last I checked they didn't award state championships(like the one T-shirts won) for beating everyone through the season handily. They only give you the title after Saturday night when you've beaten the best the state has to offer.

I am not going to lie. I was so incredibly shocked that this is even a conversation that I found myself creating an account just so I could comment. Comparing Lee, at the present moment, to any other wrestlers freshman year when that other freshman has already completed their high school wrestling career is just ridiculous. I understand we lik to humor eachother and keep topics interesting but, and god forbid this happens, but what if Lee or Micic didn't even make it to the field house? Hit a patch of black ice on the way or what if one comes down w mono or what if one is hurt in practice this week etc. I in no way hope this happens and am looking forward to hearing this debate after this weekend but to compare who's had "the best freshman year to this point" is just silly in my opinion cuz who cares what uve done leading up to state, last I checked they didn't award state championships(like the one T-shirts won) for beating everyone through the season handily. They only give you the title after Saturday night when you've beaten the best the state has to offer.

All we have to go on right now is "to this point". Should we shut down the message board until after finals Saturday?

Btw- up to this point it is Lee. Tsirtsis did not have an unblemished record going in to state nor did he destroy everyone put in his path his freshman year "up to this point".

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.