I'll try to call it

brickfor6

I think the merrillville ss will have 8+ in the finals, we'll see how many people hate me after this one. What I would like to see is this... At least 1 in every weight class except 3. What are your guys numbers.

106- 1

113- 1

120- 1

126- 2

132-0

138- 1+

145- 1

152- 1

160- 0

170- 0

182- 1

195- 1

220- 1

285- 1

See 70, and 60 both didn't show me at ss that they were the best or at least top 2, but the others very well did.

The draw at 160 gives Hughes a good shot at the finals, even though I think Mammolenti and Corsaro would be the top 2 here. At 170, I haven't seen Osborn in a while but he was impressive early on in the season so I think he could make it.

See 70, and 60 both didn't show me at ss that they were the best or at least top 2, but the others very well did.

Agree that 70 was not impressive, although now that I rethink things, Osborn has an outside shot at being in the finals, again winning is another conversation, in my review of Saturday when it was fresh in my mind, I think I had him top 3.  I think 60 was skewed because Kenny wrestled so poorly.  I've seen him wrestle several times over the last few years and that was not his best on Saturday.  If he gets it together I could add 60, but from what I saw Saturday, I'd leave him off too.

I would have to agree with caleb on 60 and 70.  At 170 Sopko and Katsafaros dont make it out of the ticket round and someone thinks it looks weak?  Those two have made the trip to Indy and have proven themselves to be way better than above average.  Osborn only had one real match at Mville that was remotely close and he cracked it open late.  I would say Osborn has a strong chance to crack the finals.

Technically every semi-state should have 7 finalists.

Even FW could get to 7 although probably a stretch.

A few more likely than others but some decent draws:

Pepple

Early (avoids Micic/Lee)

Glogouski (avoids Red/Lahue)

Carroll (avoids Kelley/Macri)

Heistand (avoids Corsaro)

Johnson

Miller

Hemmelgarn

Sorry didn't mean to hijack Merrillville thread

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.