Team State Champions

Mat_Rat_138

I think the difference in Perry and Cathedral recruiting is that if Perry gets a "recruit", it is most likely specifically for wrestling only. Where if Cathedral gets a "recruit" it's not just for wrestling but also to receive a great education, loving faith filled atmosphere, and spirited school.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the difference in Perry and Cathedral recruiting is that if Perry gets a "recruit", it is most likely specifically for wrestling only. Where if Cathedral gets a "recruit" it's not just for wrestling but also to receive a great education, loving faith filled atmosphere, and spirited school.

So the Education is no good in Perry/ Center Grove/ New Pal and you also decide to learn the Catholic Faith when your 14/15 years old. That makes sense.

So the Education is no good in Perry/ Center Grove/ Doe Creek and you also decide to learn the Catholic Faith when your 14/15 years old. That makes sense.

I'm not saying the education at those schools is bad, but I do believe the education at Cathedral is better. That is why many pay $10,000+ to go there. I believe in the phrase, "you pay for what you get". On top of that, it is not the child who is deciding but rather the parents deciding for their children to learn the catholic faith. The parents want their children to embrace to catholic faith because of the good it will bring to them. The school comes together as a family unlike some public schools.

Oh, so I didn't receive a great education?  You're correct, the 6 AP classes that I took at Perry Meridian were just your typical public school classes.  And what about them allowing me to take two college courses at the University of Indianapolis the second semester of my senior year?  Or what about Perry Meridian being one of the top AP established schools in the state?  Nah, that can't be! Education is what you make of it, no matter what school you attend.  As for the loving and faith filled atmosphere, it is about who you surround yourself with -- not where you go to school.  I was surrounded by students, student-athletes, and teammates that shared common goals with me; being a superb student, a great citizen, and being a state champion.  During my years at Perry Meridian, not once did we have a varsity wrestler flunk off of the team.  Also, do you think the 3 Blue Rings came without that "loving and faith filled atmosphere?"  Its called a TEAM state championship for a reason.  As for the spirited school, you must not have ever been in attendance while a Perry Meridian Pep Rally was in session.  They really showed that we bled Falcon Blue together.  How does the old saying go…? Oh, thats right, "Never judge a book by its cover."

Oh, so I didn't receive a great education?  You're correct, the 6 AP classes that I took at Perry Meridian were just your typical public school classes.  And what about them allowing me to take two college courses at the University of Indianapolis the second semester of my senior year?  Or what about Perry Meridian being one of the top AP established schools in the state?  Nah, that can't be! Education is what you make of it, no matter what school you attend.  As for the loving and faith filled atmosphere, it is about who you surround yourself with -- not where you go to school.  I was surrounded by students, student-athletes, and teammates that shared common goals with me; being a superb student, a great citizen, and being a state champion.  During my years at Perry Meridian, not once did we have a varsity wrestler flunk off of the team.  Also, do you think the 3 Blue Rings came without that "loving and faith filled atmosphere?"  Its called a TEAM state championship for a reason.  As for the spirited school, you must not have ever been in attendance while a Perry Meridian Pep Rally was in session.  They really showed that we bled Falcon Blue together.  How does the old saying go…? Oh, thats right, "Never judge a book by its cover."

Nicely said

Oh you're so right, Riley left BG looking for a team state title and just happened to fall into an individual state championship. Jim Schoettle you're a liar. P.S. Riley actually earned 3 rings

Whoa down Big fella !  I never mentioned any kids names and never would. This is the adult behavior that I am looking at. If I present examples about cheating I would have to involve kids names and I will not do that. Hell  the kids do not even know what is going on. Hell I did not know what was going on until I spent seven years inside of the Perry Program. So please do not lump me in with calling kids out. I am calling out the adults. Just look in the mirror and ask yourself if your doing the right thing for ALL kids and considering how your behavior affects them.

Respectfully Jim Schoettle

No affiliation with any Indy area school but I can tell you that I never hear anyone say a nice word about cathedrals athletic  programs. Jealousy? Envy? True moral questions? I have no clue, but I do know most people in Indiana feel the private schools have a serious advantage across the board. My boss actually refuses to hire anyone from a private school. Says he feels like they have a sense of entitlement. ?

Dan B.

No affiliation with any Indy area school but I can tell you that I never hear anyone say a nice word about cathedrals athletic  programs. Jealousy? Envy? True moral questions? I have no clue, but I do know most people in Indiana feel the private schools have a serious advantage across the board. My boss actually refuses to hire anyone from a private school. Says he feels like they have a sense of entitlement. ?

Dan B.

His loss

So do biases/discriminations/ stereotypes

After reading my own comments I realize they sound a bit more brash than I wanted them to. No disrespect was intended. I tend to like most wresters.

I don't think pm recruits or cheats but Schoettle thinks differently....He threatens to expose the cheating but after so many threats, nothing has been exposed.

You would be correct that we do not recruit or cheat. Jim Schoettle has constructed an alternate history of events that simply never happened. He says he doesn't want to use the kids names but the truth is there is nothing to tell. Nothing will be exposed because there is nothing to expose.

Hey Riley I know you feel strongly about your school because you've been bleeding the falcon colors since birth... But I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to say. I'm not saying one can't get a good education and be a very faithful person towards God and go to perry, because they can, but schools like cathedral roncalli and chatard are known for their outstanding academics and ability to instill faith and respect into their students. Their parents want to send their student athletes to a school like cathedral roncalli or chatard like my dad did with me instead of perry or Franklin central for that reason. Now you were raised by a good family and focused in school so perry did you well but for others at perry, cathedral might have done them some good